Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member room upgrades???

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2011, 5:48 pm

I was upgraded to Gold on a status match a few months ago. Since their brochure clearly says "upgrade if available", I had high hopes for my next Radisson stay. At the Radisson Warsaw, we were not initially upgraded. I had to ask for it and point out the rules to them. They rather sullenly gave us a business class room (which includes breakfast).

At our very recent stay at the Radisson Blu Shanghai New World, we were hoping for a business class room upgrade, since we wanted to use the lounge for breakfast and evening drinks. They upgraded us to a suite, which was large and comfortable, but refused us lounge access. I would have preferred the business room with lounge access to the suite without, but they absolutely refused. So I guess what you're upgraded to is entirely at their discretion. Not unreasonable, I guess, but it did annoy me.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by hard2please
I was upgraded to Gold on a status match a few months ago. Since their brochure clearly says "upgrade if available", I had high hopes for my next Radisson stay. At the Radisson Warsaw, we were not initially upgraded. I had to ask for it and point out the rules to them. They rather sullenly gave us a business class room (which includes breakfast).
How odd. I stayed there in July (on a Weekend Extender rate), and the FD agent informed me that I was upgraded to a Business Class room (Italian decor) and that it included free breakfast. I questioned him on that because at every other Radisson I've stayed at (including the one in Wroclaw) and upgraded to a Business Class room, breakfast was not included-- because it was an upgrade. He replied with a "well I don't know about other hotels, but we do it here." It was a great deal: 2 nights for 216 Zlotys total (about 52 Euros).
Old Oct 17, 2011, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by Fanjet
How odd. I stayed there in July (on a Weekend Extender rate), and the FD agent informed me that I was upgraded to a Business Class room (Italian decor) and that it included free breakfast. I questioned him on that because at every other Radisson I've stayed at (including the one in Wroclaw) and upgraded to a Business Class room, breakfast was not included-- because it was an upgrade. He replied with a "well I don't know about other hotels, but we do it here." It was a great deal: 2 nights for 216 Zlotys total (about 52 Euros).
That's strange because I was there in July too! (July2-4) Maybe I paved the way for your upgrade/breakfast?
Old Oct 17, 2011, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hard2please
That's strange because I was there in July too! (July2-4) Maybe I paved the way for your upgrade/breakfast?
Thank you for your courage and perseverance. ^

But I did get a "welcome gift" in my room. It was a plate with a few chocolates on it. And a small bottle of mineral water.

Although, I will say that there was a really rude FD supervisor there (tall, thin, medium-length blond hair). Before I went to breakfast on my departure date, I asked if I could have a later checkout. The FD agent replied with a "let me check" and then brought her out. She curtly replied with a nyet!, which I thought was odd since that is Russian for no, not Polish. Everyone else whom I encountered at the hotel was friendly to me though.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: IC Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond
Reading about your experiences I can only assume that I seem to have very little luck with Carlson properties. I'm Gold and I yet have to receive any upgrade or welcome gift. I haven't received anything so far during my 25 stays this year.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mora
Reading about your experiences I can only assume that I seem to have very little luck with Carlson properties. I'm Gold and I yet have to receive any upgrade or welcome gift. I haven't received anything so far during my 25 stays this year.
Where are you staying at? I've only stayed at the hotels in Europe. I've gotten upgrades to BC rooms in Warsaw, Wroclaw, Vienna, and Berlin.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 5:18 pm

Thank you for your courage and perseverance. ^

But I did get a "welcome gift" in my room. It was a plate with a few chocolates on it. And a small bottle of mineral water.

Although, I will say that there was a really rude FD supervisor there (tall, thin, medium-length blond hair). Before I went to breakfast on my departure date, I asked if I could have a later checkout. The FD agent replied with a "let me check" and then brought her out. She curtly replied with a nyet!, which I thought was odd since that is Russian for no, not Polish. Everyone else whom I encountered at the hotel was friendly to me though.
I, on the other hand, did NOT get any welcome gift and when I asked the FD about it, the guy (I think he was a manager) just shrugged. No amenity, no apology.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 8:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Mora
A "welcome gift" isn't a status benefit so it's no surprise that most people don't get one.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 3:02 am

Programs: PCR: Platinum, Club Carlson: Gold
Radisson Blu Stansted

Hi,

I am gold elite status and stay at the Stansted Radisson typically once or twice a month. I get upgraded to business class room almost everytime (can't actually remember a time recently when I didn't)

Room typically has a complimentary bottle wine (75cl - choice of red or white), includes free films (if you want) and also includes the free breakfast.

Also stayed a week at a Country Inn & Suite, Green Bay, WI and was upgraded to a suite.

So generally good upgrade experiences for me.

Thanks.
Simon
Old Oct 18, 2011, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
A "welcome gift" isn't a status benefit so it's no surprise that most people don't get one.
Actually, it is (according to the most recent Club Carlson brochure I got in the mail). If I didn't have it in black and white to show the front desk, I wouldn't ask for it.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 3:37 am

Programs: AA, EC, FB, M&M, HH, Accor, Radisson Rewards
Radisson Blu Royal, Helsinki

We were upgraded to a business room.

Also we found a welcome gift from Fazer and a letter from general manager of this hotel. We really enjoyed our stay there.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 6:10 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
That's vbery odd because when you are upgraded to Business Class you should get all the services that are included in the Business Class room, that includes breakfast, premium movies, and lounge access, if they don't include them all you're getting is a room with a netspresso machine.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 1:17 pm

Radisson Blue Elizabete Riga

Upgraded to business room with view over the park. Welcome gift is a plate of fruits and free water (not sure if normal in business rooms)

All amenities that come with business room are included (free pay tv and in room breakfast)
Old Nov 2, 2011, 5:43 am

I have never actually gotten an "upgrade" believe it or not, but so far, everyone has been great about the "welcome amenity". A sad cold plate of cheeses and meats or fruit basket, delivered by someone from the catering office / front office, who wonders what the fuss is about.

I've noticed now an alert comes up when a gold member check's in, on the front desk agent screen. About maybe 5-6 months ago.

Re: Upgrades. Time will tell. I have a few stays booked at a swank Radisson Blu, including one - the Royal Moscow, which has a club level check in.

Are gold's entitled to use this?. Presumably one would need to be be booked into an "executive leve/ club room" .
Old Nov 11, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: United 1P
Do they upgrade Gold member to Executive club in Carribean? I am going to San Juan in two weeks. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.