Search

Crime in Turks?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 7:20 pm
dcd
Original Poster

Crime in Turks?

Hello all,
I was excited to book a trip to Pro Turks then learned that people got rob and rental villas were broken in. Can you please share your experience or have learned from some where? I'm interested to know the neighborhoods with such crime. Hope to hear from you soon as I just booked but need to satisfy or change.

Many thanks,
Diem
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Where are you getting this information from? How frequent are you thinking these crimes are occurring? Crime exists pretty much anywhere so one would want to avoid frequent crime centers but reading about a limited incident shouldn't scare you away.

I have only been to Turks once, didn't enjoy it as much as other islands, but didn't feel unsafe at any time.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i was there about 15 years ago. the only crime that was concerned was to shoot the rooster. very quiet place, otherwise. not a den of thiefs, only about 3000 people on each island.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 6:20 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, DL GM, DL KM, National Exec, SPG Gold,
I visited Turks in May, but didn't stay in a villa. We rented a condo/hotel (the unit was managed, but for sale) on the beach. We didn't wander into any bad areas and had a great time. If you wear your Rolex (like many people I saw), you may invite problems.

Don't travel with fancy luggage, don't show off your electronics and lock them up when you're not at the villa. My wife doesn't like beach vacations, but she wants to go back to T&C. It's a fabulous place with many fabulous residents. Go for it, and just be smart about your stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.