Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Carbon Conscious Travel
Reload this Page >

Welcome to the Carbon Conscious Travel forum

Welcome to the Carbon Conscious Travel forum

Old Oct 27, 19, 3:07 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel
Original Poster

Arrow Welcome to the Carbon Conscious Travel forum

Welcome to the Carbon Conscious Travel forum. This dedicated venue has been set up to allow you to discuss the practical matters of carbon offsetting, global emission mitigation initiatives adopted by the aviation industry, and to share your tips and advice on positive steps towards leaving a lighter footprint. The forumís scope encompasses wider aspects of sustainability and environmentally conscious travel. Eco-tourism, carbon neutral hotels, Airport Carbon Accreditation, and alternatives to single use plastics are some of the suggested topics for this forum.

Geo, national, and local political topics will continue as normal and addressed only in OMNI PR. In a similar vein regional initiatives such as public transportation, bike shares, and ultra low emission zones will still be hosted in their respective destination forums.

We expect the new forum will become an arena for hearty debate, and all views and opinions are encouraged but we do ask that you maintain a non-aggressive stance when engaging with fellow members. Our aim is to facilitate constructive discussion and a congenial platform for mutual learning so rudeness and/or shaming in any form is an absolute no no here.

Thanks and enjoy the new forum

líetoile, Prospero, and stut
Forum moderator team
Old Oct 27, 19, 8:31 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Wink

This is an excellent idea and should go a long way in raising awareness about sustainability in travel. Thank you for adding the forum.
SK2751 and JDiver like this.
Old Oct 28, 19, 12:42 am

Programs: NW Gold, '06. Good times.
I second the thanks. This new forum is a vital addition to our community.
SK2751 and JDiver like this.
Old Oct 28, 19, 1:28 am

Programs: TK Gold
Great to see this and hope to see a good, constructive discussion!
Old Oct 28, 19, 3:54 am

Consider your virtues signaled!
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Nov 3, 19, 5:56 am

Programs: SK EBD (*G)
Thanks a lot for this useful initiative!
Old Nov 3, 19, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Global Entry
I have two questions that might be interesting for the Flyertalk community.
I wonder how many Flyertalk members are willing to substantially reduce their air travel to reduce carbon emissions? By substantial I mean 50% or more.
I wonder how many Flyertalk members are willing to reduce their air travel at all to reduce carbon emissions?
Old Nov 17, 19, 12:23 am

This is fantastic news! Honestly, I've sort of dropped out of FlyerTalk due to this issue, but now I'll be reinvolved.

I calculate that I've reduced my carbon emissions by about 60% compared by last year in large part by reducing my flying and doing many more vacations near to home.

I still have a passion for travel, but I'm reducing international travel in the interim.

Search this Thread