Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Standard Elite SUV out of FLL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2014, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Standard Elite SUV out of FLL

Hello Everyone,

I got a rental from Budget FLL from May 31st to June 4th, One way to JFK.

I got an awesome deal of $112 for only those days (One Ways up north are really cheap and I used a $30 promo) USAA.

Just wondering what type of car I might get? It says Ford Explorer but no picture.

Also, am I safe using Budget? I've seen a lot of bad reviews, and this is a 1,000 Mile trip. I've used them in Costa Rica with no issues, but never in the US.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 2:21 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by Redwood839
Hello Everyone,

I got a rental from Budget FLL from May 31st to June 4th, One way to JFK.

I got an awesome deal of $112 for only those days (One Ways up north are really cheap and I used a $30 promo) USAA.

Just wondering what type of car I might get? It says Ford Explorer but no picture.

Also, am I safe using Budget? I've seen a lot of bad reviews, and this is a 1,000 Mile trip. I've used them in Costa Rica with no issues, but never in the US.
If you haven't seen the Seinfeld episode on rental cars, have a search for it (they took his reservation but couldn't honor it b/c no cars were available)... this happens sometimes, or you could be forced into a downgrade if they don't have a large SUV available and there's not much recourse for you. However, it's relatively uncommon. Have a look over at the Avis forum, there's a fleet guide for the US. Avis & Budget are owned by the same corporation and often share fleets, so that will give you a good idea on what you can expect if they don't have the Explorer. The lack of a picture isn't anything to worry about.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
If you haven't seen the Seinfeld episode on rental cars, have a search for it (they took his reservation but couldn't honor it b/c no cars were available)... this happens sometimes, or you could be forced into a downgrade if they don't have a large SUV available and there's not much recourse for you. However, it's relatively uncommon. Have a look over at the Avis forum, there's a fleet guide for the US. Avis & Budget are owned by the same corporation and often share fleets, so that will give you a good idea on what you can expect if they don't have the Explorer. The lack of a picture isn't anything to worry about.
Thanks.

I have a back up of the reservation, and a back up of the back up with Avis and Alamo.

I do have a question, out of these 3, which one is the highest or better?

Standard Elite SUV
Intermediate SUV
Standard SUV
Old Apr 25, 2014, 5:08 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Thanks.

I have a back up of the reservation, and a back up of the back up with Avis and Alamo.

I do have a question, out of these 3, which one is the highest or better?

Standard Elite SUV
Intermediate SUV
Standard SUV
Intermediate (Escape) < Standard (Edge) < Elite (Traverse) at Avis at least.

However, it depends on what you want and the location. In my opinion, most of the new Escapes are better than the Edge, which is an older model at this point.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Intermediate (Escape) < Standard (Edge) < Elite (Traverse) at Avis at least.

However, it depends on what you want and the location. In my opinion, most of the new Escapes are better than the Edge, which is an older model at this point.
Thanks for the response.

I have about a month until I travel (May 31st). I'll stick with the Elite reservation, I'm kinda hoping to get an Explorer, if not, I'll see if I can get an Escape.
Old May 14, 2014, 4:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Thanks for the response.

I have about a month until I travel (May 31st). I'll stick with the Elite reservation, I'm kinda hoping to get an Explorer, if not, I'll see if I can get an Escape.
The escapes are just coming off recall. I left a location this morning with about 80 of them unusable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.