Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

DREAMFLIGHT – Sponsor a Fat bloke (FT Approved)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DREAMFLIGHT – Sponsor a Fat bloke (FT Approved)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2009, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Bugger, the training has gone pot tonight.
Just found a great pub offering pints at £2 and a great tapas Indian place in Edinburgh.
Think I have to get up f’ing early tomorrow to work this off as I have my first open water swim next week.
Thanks all for the sponsorship so far, much appreciated.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 2:07 am
Original Poster

A Monday morning update for you.
The £1000 mark has been broken already ^^

Thanks very much to all of you who have donated.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 3:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Best of luck - have just increased your total ^
Old Mar 26, 2009, 3:57 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by CT-UK
Wow, thanks guys and girls for the donations! Much appreciated

Call yourself Cuddly Darling. Fat Bloke makes me think that you do not think as highly of yourself as we do.

I am - because it is you - going to break the habit of several years of refusal and sponsor you myself. Once I am back from this trip I will.

Auntie PucciXX

(Why aren't you a Mucci?)
Old Mar 26, 2009, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Thanks all again.

They donations have been great!

On an update front I can now cycle past a pub without wanting to stop for a pint I can swim fast enough now to avoid the Japanese whaling boats the slip and I am 30lbs down

Thanks again ^^^
Old Apr 11, 2009, 2:02 pm

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush Elite, AA Plat, BA Blue, and a host of others.
Bumping this because I noticed CT-UK has doubled his fundraising target to £3000.00 for this worthy cause.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
(Why aren't you a Mucci?)

No idea, probably because I would get to drunk while celebrating

On a serious not although my online total shows just under half way I am pretty confident in another £500 from offline methods this weekend so maybe we will be able to pay for 1 kid.
Also I completed my first all in session this morning so swim straight to the bike then straight back on the running machine. Good job I used a machine otherwise I might have hit the pavement as my legs had a wobbly moment.

12 weeks to go, more calories to burn and more money to raise so dig deep if you can. I know Dreamflight need the money more than every at the moment.

Thanks
Old Apr 23, 2009, 3:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
No idea, probably because I would get to drunk while celebrating

On a serious not although my online total shows just under half way I am pretty confident in another £500 from offline methods this weekend so maybe we will be able to pay for 1 kid.
Also I completed my first all in session this morning so swim straight to the bike then straight back on the running machine. Good job I used a machine otherwise I might have hit the pavement as my legs had a wobbly moment.

12 weeks to go, more calories to burn and more money to raise so dig deep if you can. I know Dreamflight need the money more than every at the moment.

Thanks

Keep going CT-UK!! Remember what a good cause it is and just think of the benefit you're getting too. A hot, sylph like body that'll have all the ladies lusting after you. xx

Well done ^^^
Old May 2, 2009, 1:45 am
Original Poster

A timely bump with just 12 weeks to go.

For those who don’t know much about Dreamflight and amazing work they do please spend a bit of time reading the spring news letter: http://www.dreamflight.org/newsletter/Spring_2009.pdf Read the letters from the kids.

A real tear jerker for me was on page 18, I have copied it below.

HIS HOLIDY OF A LIFETIME

I was one of the Nurses from the old Woody group, now Pirates, that took a young Woody called Aaron along with us to Florida in 2006. When you read this you will realise how you made a young lad’s holiday of a life time possible. YOU includes everyone who has something to do with Dream flight albeit the office staff, ground staff, fundraisers & our USA team. Aaron was a 10 year old young man that spent a lot of his life in hospital he was nominated to go to Florida and was accepted. Sadly Aaron died in 2007, I was asked to speak at his funeral and was honoured to do so. I told some of the funny tales about Aaron's time on the ward I work on, his love of food & if he fancied nothing on the menu he would change religion that day. When his consultant suggested he took up sport this was no problem to Aaron he loved fishing. Aaron arrived at Manchester airport with a smile as big as you could imagine and a very heavy suitcase, on closer inspection in his case I found 15 bottles of suntan lotion 8 shower gels, 4 hair gels, 9 toothbrushes and 6 tins of lynx deodorant. I also noticed Aaron's spending money well exceeded the allocated amount suggested by Dreamflight. This had been supplied by all the staff on the ward, a nice wad of crispy American dollars. Even the secretary Pam had rushed out to get him dollars. Aaron that day was a very rich happy man. The blues skies of Florida beckoned Aaron; he did the fast rides, upside down rides, loved the large USA food portions and swam with the Dolphins. Paul Bowman his carer for the week was a non medical member of staff that works at Heathrow airport. Maia supplied him with a plastic jug and instructions on how to test and measure all Aaron's urine. If you saw Paul and the jug you knew Aaron was not far behind. Paul took this role very seriously and every drop of urine passed was recorded and reported to Maia or myself. Paul would spend a lot of time at night adding Aaron's output up. On the last day we all signed the plastic jug and gave it back to Paul and told him it had been a complete wind-up. Paul still has the jug. As Aaron's coffin entered the church, pride of place on it was a picture of Aaron kissing a Dolphin at Discovery Cove. On a lighter note and I do not think Dave (Aaron's dad) will mind me sharing this, the plan was to bury Aaron in his school uniform. But Dave washed the uniform accidentally on a boil wash and yes it shrunk, so Aaron was buried in his Woody T shirt. Jeannie Hogarth Pirate Group.

(written with the kind permission of Aaron’s father Dave)
Old May 21, 2009, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Time for a little update and bump of the thread I am sure Dolly Dripmat doesn't mind .

Not the greatest sporting achievement ever but I did survive my first event last night as practise. Not sure or the overall time yet as I have to wait. This was a Sprint distance so only 750m Swim, 20KM Bike and 5KM run.
Got LOTS to learn with the number one lesson being don’t drink 8 pints the night before and live of Mcdonalds the days before.
Time to work on the running I think.....

Note the Dreamflight T-Shirt worn, I am sure it slowed me down but it did get noticed and got me £40 sponsorship from people at the event after they asked what it was about.

oh and Yes I am still fat

Old May 21, 2009, 7:23 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
No! You are cuddly. Final word.

(I've not forgotten my promise!!)
Old Jun 22, 2009, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Good morning with a Monday morning bump.

So close to breaking the £2000 mark this morning.

Who would like to start their week off bumping the figure over that mark?

I am sure your generosity will set you off for a good week. :-::-:
Old Jun 22, 2009, 2:13 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Good morning with a Monday morning bump.

So close to breaking the £2000 mark this morning.

Who would like to start their week off bumping the figure over that mark?

I am sure your generosity will set you off for a good week. :-::-:
Grrrr - your Justgiving site is playing up!
Old Jun 22, 2009, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Teece
Grrrr - your Justgiving site is playing up!

It is working again now so no excuse
It is slow as hell for some reason though
Old Jul 7, 2009, 3:36 am
Original Poster

With just under a month to go I thought I would give another bump to this to see we can up the total a bit....
I am now in no drink mode until the big day and bugger me it is hard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.