FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Stealing Saftey Cards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/839300-stealing-saftey-cards.html)

mwitiiram Jun 27, 2008 4:19 pm

Stealing Saftey Cards

Why on earth do people do it then sell them on Ebay? I mean really, does one expect to make copious amounts of money? Its unnecessary and if anything, a hazard to the next passenger. People need to think.

flyer89 Jun 27, 2008 4:32 pm

What about the seatbelt extention;)?

flame Jun 27, 2008 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by mwitiiram (Post 9949798)
Its unnecessary and if anything, a hazard to the next passenger. People need to think.

I was on a flight recently, where the pax in the seat beside me asked one of the stewardess, would it be possible to have a spare safety card as he collected them as a hobby and always asked for a spare one. She said that she has been asked before and went behind the curtain and handed one to him saying " Its nice to be asked for one, as some people take them without asking"

antichef Jun 27, 2008 4:54 pm

Theft is Theft .... :td:

HIDDY Jun 27, 2008 6:58 pm

If it isn't nailed down some people will take anything, so no surprise there. Come to think about it I very rarely see anybody taking a blind bit of notice of the safety cards apart from using them as a fan. The only time I look at them is to check which type of aircraft I'm on.

GeeMac Jun 28, 2008 12:16 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 9950316)
The only time I look at them is to check which type of aircraft I'm on.

My last TLV trip, on a 767, had a safety card for a 777 - so beware :eek:

OPebble Jun 28, 2008 12:22 am

Originally Posted by GeeMac (Post 9951165)
My last TLV trip, on a 767, had a safety card for a 777 - so beware :eek:

When I grow up I want to be a 777!" :)

Fraser Jun 28, 2008 12:30 am

I don't see it myself but I've heard they can be fairly collectable...IIRC during Concorde's final hurrah one of the flights was severely delayed as LHR-JFK passengers had pinched so many of the safety cards that there weren't enough spares for JFK-LHR. Someone had to go to a copy shop and get more made up/photocopied.

flyboy777 Jun 28, 2008 4:31 am

Taking a spare amenity kit is one thing. Removing a safety card is another. They not there for passengers to make a quick buck...

Understandably, if it's the last commercial flight of Concorde then it's a different matter, but everyday:td:

TravellerFrequently Jun 28, 2008 5:10 am

Originally Posted by antichef (Post 9949920)
Theft is Theft .... :td:

I agree and putting others' lives at risk makes this worse.:td:

Genius1 Jun 28, 2008 11:27 am

I'm planning on asking the cabin crew for a spare menu/wine list on my first First flight - acceptable or not?

Genius1 Jun 28, 2008 11:28 am

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently (Post 9951529)
I agree and putting others' lives at risk makes this worse.:td:

A check is done at the start of each flight to ensure each seat back pocket contains all the correct literature for each passenger.

HIDDY Jun 28, 2008 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Genius1 (Post 9952517)
I'm planning on asking the cabin crew for a spare menu/wine list on my first First flight - acceptable or not?

I just took them as they never collected them. I watched the cleaners at GRU just dump the ones of the pax who got off.

pinkcat Jun 28, 2008 1:03 pm

ask for a spare one for me as well please;)
I use them as an illustration of price points in food products, the economy brand, the improved brand and the premium brand, makes a nice change from 3 different qualities of Tescos sausage rolls, I also do a project on airline food for year 9, a few say they are designing for first class but I cant see anyone in first being happy with the stuff they design though.

flyboy777 Jun 28, 2008 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 9952558)
I just took them as they never collected them. I watched the cleaners at GRU just dump the ones of the pax who got off.

Amenities that change with every flight are okay to take. Menus cycle frequently & are abundantly available. Asking may get a yes or a no, but with BA cabin crew a yes may yield a selection of souvenirs to take away.

A missing menu won't endanger lives, a safety card will do.