Stealing Saftey Cards

Old Jun 27, 2008, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A
Stealing Saftey Cards

Why on earth do people do it then sell them on Ebay? I mean really, does one expect to make copious amounts of money? Its unnecessary and if anything, a hazard to the next passenger. People need to think.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
What about the seatbelt extention?
Old Jun 27, 2008, 4:46 pm

Programs: EI Silver, AF Ivory, SPG Gold, HH, IHG Priority Club, Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by mwitiiram
Its unnecessary and if anything, a hazard to the next passenger. People need to think.
I was on a flight recently, where the pax in the seat beside me asked one of the stewardess, would it be possible to have a spare safety card as he collected them as a hobby and always asked for a spare one. She said that she has been asked before and went behind the curtain and handed one to him saying " Its nice to be asked for one, as some people take them without asking"

Last edited by flame; Jun 27, 2008 at 4:47 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jun 27, 2008, 4:54 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Theft is Theft ....
Old Jun 27, 2008, 6:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If it isn't nailed down some people will take anything, so no surprise there. Come to think about it I very rarely see anybody taking a blind bit of notice of the safety cards apart from using them as a fan. The only time I look at them is to check which type of aircraft I'm on.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
The only time I look at them is to check which type of aircraft I'm on.
My last TLV trip, on a 767, had a safety card for a 777 - so beware
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:22 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by GeeMac
My last TLV trip, on a 767, had a safety card for a 777 - so beware
When I grow up I want to be a 777!"
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I don't see it myself but I've heard they can be fairly collectable...IIRC during Concorde's final hurrah one of the flights was severely delayed as LHR-JFK passengers had pinched so many of the safety cards that there weren't enough spares for JFK-LHR. Someone had to go to a copy shop and get more made up/photocopied.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 4:31 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, United Mileage Plus & bmi Diamond Club
Taking a spare amenity kit is one thing. Removing a safety card is another. They not there for passengers to make a quick buck...

Understandably, if it's the last commercial flight of Concorde then it's a different matter, but everyday
Old Jun 28, 2008, 5:10 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by antichef
Theft is Theft ....
I agree and putting others' lives at risk makes this worse.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I'm planning on asking the cabin crew for a spare menu/wine list on my first First flight - acceptable or not?
Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
I agree and putting others' lives at risk makes this worse.
A check is done at the start of each flight to ensure each seat back pocket contains all the correct literature for each passenger.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Genius1
I'm planning on asking the cabin crew for a spare menu/wine list on my first First flight - acceptable or not?
I just took them as they never collected them. I watched the cleaners at GRU just dump the ones of the pax who got off.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 1:03 pm

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
ask for a spare one for me as well please
I use them as an illustration of price points in food products, the economy brand, the improved brand and the premium brand, makes a nice change from 3 different qualities of Tescos sausage rolls, I also do a project on airline food for year 9, a few say they are designing for first class but I cant see anyone in first being happy with the stuff they design though.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 1:04 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, United Mileage Plus & bmi Diamond Club
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I just took them as they never collected them. I watched the cleaners at GRU just dump the ones of the pax who got off.
Amenities that change with every flight are okay to take. Menus cycle frequently & are abundantly available. Asking may get a yes or a no, but with BA cabin crew a yes may yield a selection of souvenirs to take away.

A missing menu won't endanger lives, a safety card will do.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.