Wiki Posts
Search

YVR flights moving to T1 from T4..

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2007, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC Elite50k, BAEC Blue, Amex Plat, RBC Black Tin Visa
YVR flights moving to T1 from T4..

Should I be happy or sad? After years of "coming home" to Blighty via T4, I've got mixed feelings about the move. Certainly, onward flights to MAN and DUB will be easier and I won't miss the T4 Baggage Hall one bit ... but maybe this is all academic as everything will move to T5 next year anyway???Anyone have any thoughts? (rude or otherwise..)
Old Mar 27, 2007, 10:20 am

Programs: BA
No Concorde Room
Old Mar 27, 2007, 10:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, M&M Silver
Depends on how you travel. If youa re a gold, a plus is that the 1st lounge at T1 is much nicer than that at T4, plus you have Zone R and all that brings.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 10:31 am
JSC

when? flying to YVR this Sat so I want to experience the Concorde room!
Old Mar 27, 2007, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Yeah, I thought about that. But how does the First Lounge in T1 compare to CR? This news comes at a bad time for me as I am still devastated at not being able to attend the Happy Happy Happy Do on Thursday....
And btw JCS, this change is effective June 1st apparently so fill ya boots in CR!
Old Mar 27, 2007, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, FI, AC
Originally Posted by TheOnlyWayTo Fly
Should I be happy or sad? After years of "coming home" to Blighty via T4, I've got mixed feelings about the move. Certainly, onward flights to MAN and DUB will be easier and I won't miss the T4 Baggage Hall one bit ... but maybe this is all academic as everything will move to T5 next year anyway???Anyone have any thoughts? (rude or otherwise..)
Mixed feelings. I know T4 so well it will seem odd not to arrive there, although I will NOT miss the walk of shame that is Victor Pier, nor will I miss the baggage hall .

Looking forward to a couple of visits (at least two or three) to the T1 Terraces before the move to T5.

That the change is coming on 01 June is a bit though, as I have to go from T1 to T4 on 02 June to catch KLM to AMS-RIX. Ah well, a chance to say adieu, T4.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by TheOnlyWayTo Fly
so fill ya boots in CR!
FWIW these days Frankly, the only difference between the CR and T4 F lounges for me are the serviced bar and more space in the former...both of which T1's F lounge delivers (usually). Throw in Zone R and you can give me T1 over T4 any day ^

Originally Posted by Trav+
I will NOT miss the walk of shame that is Victor Pier
No...you will be moaning about the walks from the furthest T1 gates instead I landed at gate 40-something (43?) the other day and it's a hike to rival Victor in my mind Not sure the 744s use any of those gates though, can't remember. Mind you, I can certainly confirm they do sometimes use the 'after that bloody stupid second security check because BAA can't properly separate arriving and departing pax despite trying to build channels to do so for 300 years' gates in T1 which are also a pain. Err, what am I saying? I think, frankly, that there's no good terminal at LHR (yet) On balance though, T1 over T4, thanks.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
....'after that bloody stupid second security check because BAA can't properly separate arriving and departing pax despite trying to build channels to do so for 300 years' gates in T1 which are also a pain....
So that is why there is that stupid second security check! I've never understood the logic of that check...(and nor have I given it much thought to be honest!). It's as though they don't trust the team to do a proper job at the first security check (or maybe that is the real reason).
Old Mar 27, 2007, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Trav+
Mixed feelings. I know T4 so well it will seem odd not to arrive there, although I will NOT miss the walk of shame that is Victor Pier, nor will I miss the baggage hall .

Looking forward to a couple of visits (at least two or three) to the T1 Terraces before the move to T5.

That the change is coming on 01 June is a bit though, as I have to go from T1 to T4 on 02 June to catch KLM to AMS-RIX. Ah well, a chance to say adieu, T4.
So will the YVR flights be moved to T5 next year cos it seems the CR there will be pretty damn phab...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.