Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Traveling Club World LHR-SEA-LHR - Need to make a change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traveling Club World LHR-SEA-LHR - Need to make a change

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2006, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Traveling Club World LHR-SEA-LHR - Need to make a change

Hi All,

I have a non-changable business class round trip ticket from LHR Dec 20th to SEA back to LHR on Jan 7th (landing on the 8th). My issue is that I want to change my ticket to fly one day earlier depart SEA on Jan 6th and land at LHR Jan 7th.

I've called British and the travel agency who booked the ticket and since this is non-changable, it literally is not changable. I'd rather fly on the saturday - and it seems there wouldn't be as many people flying on Saturday.... would I be able to fly a day earlier? on standby?

I even tried downgrading my ticket to World Traveller Plus or even Coach and they would not let me do that - or even pay the difference plus any change fees.

I really need to be in London on the 7th instead of the 8th - does anyone have any suggestions how to get this ticket changed?

I looked at purchasing a one-way coach ticket from SEA to LHR and it's about $1100USD - ouch. Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

For what it's worth, i'm Silver on BA, Gold on Continential and MVP Gold on Alaska Airlines.

Thank you in advance!
Old Dec 19, 2006, 4:05 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Try booking a return SEA-LHR-SEA in economy. Probably work out cheaper than the one way. You can then just not use the LHR-SEA portion.

I don't think you'll have any luck changing the ticket.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Dec 19, 2006, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Good call on booking the RT SEA-LHR-SEA - it worked out way cheaper - half the cost!

Any idea if i can have my brother fly on the SEA-LHR leg? he has the same last name, just different first name.

Thanks
Old Dec 19, 2006, 4:12 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by MitzEclipse

I've called British
*Prod* (Sorry G-BOAC), but it's British Airways not British Good luck with your thing though...I doubt they will budge without you buying a whole new ticket!

Kind Regards

tom139
Old Dec 19, 2006, 4:14 pm
Bukhara

I have a non-changable business class round trip ticket

I've called British ( )and the travel agency who booked the ticket and since this is non-changable, it literally is not changable.
Hmmmm. That is a problem.

Non-changeable really does mean non-changeable. There's no sure fire way around this. You could hope that there are two bollock loads of fog at LHR tomorrow, causing disruption to your outbound flight which means your plans in SEA are scuppered and necessitates an early departure therefrom. The chances of this happening are quite slim as domestic and European passengers typically feel the brunt of these cancellations.

Unfortunately, there is nothing of any substance that I could really suggest. You cannot standby with a non-changeable ticket, so a lot will depend upon how amenable staff in SEA are. I suspect you have little chance, however.

Old Dec 19, 2006, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver, FI, AC
I even tried downgrading my ticket to ... even Coach...

I looked at purchasing a one-way coach ticket from SEA to LHR ...
Did you try for a ticket in World Traveller or World Traveller Plus (aka Economy and Premier Economy)? One of my pals called NCL last month and asked about a 'coach ticket' and was told 'BA doesn't have coach, madam, but WT and WT+'.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 4:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Language boys!

Yes, it's also "Virgin Atlantic" but "Virgin" is common usage and widely understood.

In English I'd always refer to BA as "BA" or "British Airways"; in Spanish however, it is normal to say "vuelo con la 'British'"... I suspect other languages and plently of non-native English speakers on this board also fall into the habit of referring to our darling airline as they would do in their mother tongue, often in some abbreviated form.

However I hear it referred to, BA, British or British Airways is my pride and joy. The fact that friends and family 8,000 miles away are aware of an airline called "la British" and know I arrived in town fed on scones with clotted cream, Twinings tea and sticky puddings means I care not; for they know how I travelled, not with that I travelled.

A good night kiss

Fabri
Old Dec 19, 2006, 5:23 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
I've never heard BA as "British" before. Just BA or British Airways - never Brit Air!!
Old Dec 20, 2006, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Hi Guys - thanks for the responses - sorry about saying 'british' but even though I'm american people at work say 'british' and they're british - londoners.

Anyway, I'll try to see if the folks at SEA will have pity on me and allow me to move the date of travel up.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.