FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Missing tier bonuses (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/632533-missing-tier-bonuses.html)

Steady-EDI Dec 5, 2006 3:07 pm

Missing tier bonuses

I saw my miles and points post after the SZG weekend and nothing registered as out of the ordinary. I just looked again as I was logging in for another purpose and thought - hang on, that looks odd!

While my CE sectors have posted correctly, with cabin bonus and tier bonus included, my two domestic sectors are showing base miles (125) only - no tier bonus.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Paging Prospero ...

Moomba Dec 5, 2006 3:19 pm

BASW5 reported the same thing in here after his ET flights on Saturday.

Prospero Dec 5, 2006 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Steady-EDI (Post 6798365)
Paging Prospero ...

You called? Oh! I see what you mean. No tier bonus on either of the doms

ChrisH Dec 5, 2006 4:57 pm

No tier bonus on my cheapo one way to AMS on Friday either, was going to ring up tomorrow.

Swanhunter Dec 5, 2006 5:27 pm

Nothing for el-cheapo Y to MUC last week, but there for MUC-LHR-HKG on Sunday night.

SLF Dec 6, 2006 12:21 am

Should I get a tier bonus on an EI S-class flight (which is too cheap to qualify for even 25% miles :( )

edi-traveller Dec 6, 2006 1:04 am

Can't even check. My "recent transactions" thingy asn't given me any result - only "an exception error" for weeks now!

PhilH Dec 6, 2006 1:19 am

I've got a cheap Y booking in the future and MMB is showing the mileage to be earned without Gold bonus (which is normally included). I hope this is not a new policy to not award the bonus on cheap Y flights... :td: :mad:

Prospero Dec 6, 2006 1:38 am

Originally Posted by edi-traveller (Post 6801283)
Can't even check. My "recent transactions" thingy asn't given me any result - only "an exception error" for weeks now!

Happens to me too. Use the search filter and select flight transactions. For me, that did the trick.

Competency Dec 6, 2006 1:43 am

Same here, tier bonus SOU-MAN on November 26 but not on return December 01

BASW5 Dec 6, 2006 2:09 am

Originally Posted by Moomba (Post 6798440)
BASW5 reported the same thing in here after his ET flights on Saturday.

I rang BAEC and was told to leave it with them. 24 hours later the tier bonus miles had been added as an "adjustment".

edi-traveller Dec 6, 2006 2:12 am

Originally Posted by Prospero (Post 6801347)
Happens to me too. Use the search filter and select flight transactions. For me, that did the trick.

Thanks prospero - works!!!

All my tier bonuses have posted from recent flights but they have all been Domestic J rather than discounted.

schofs Dec 6, 2006 2:16 am

Originally Posted by Prospero (Post 6801347)

Don't even need to do that - just hit search again. It always fails the first search for some reason (which is executed when you enter the page)

schofs Dec 6, 2006 2:18 am

Back on topic tho - all of my domestics are posting with the tier bonus ok, but this may be because they're all ticketed in J? (even tho it doesn't get a J bonus)

edi-traveller Dec 6, 2006 2:30 am

Originally Posted by schofs (Post 6801423)
Back on topic tho - all of my domestics are posting with the tier bonus ok, but this may be because they're all ticketed in J? (even tho it doesn't get a J bonus)

You don't get a J bonus because even though it is ticketed in J it isn't really J it is really Y but for some reason BA prefer Y to be denoted as J on Domestic just to confuse everyone - hence why it prints out C on the boarding card. Its a Y ticket that is really J that says it is C.

((It's okay my coat is already on!))

sg17463 Dec 6, 2006 5:05 am

Same problem with me - four cheapie economy flights over the last week, silver cardholder, so should have got 125 miles + 125 bonus miles for each flight. But only original 125 miles posted, no sign of bonus miles.

Cue a phone to BAEC -

<<<20 mins on hold>>> then

Me : <explained problem>
Operator : I'm sorry sir, you don't earn tier points on non-flexible economy flights
Me : that's not what I'm talking about <explained problem again>
Operator : Bonus miles for silver cardholders? I don't know what you're talking about sir

<<<on hold for 5 mins>>> then

Operator : I'm sorry sir, you don't earn bonus miles on non-flexible economy flights
Me : then can you explain why I have for the 100 other domestic flights I've taken this year
Operator : I'm sorry sir, you shouldn't have
Me : that's not correct, trust me. Please check again

<<<on hold for another 5 mins>>> then

Operator : oh, I see the problem sir. You should have received the bonus miles. I'll fix that within the next 7 days.
Me : thank you !

OK its only 500 miles and I'm not particularly concerned about them, but I am concerned about wasting half an hour of my life chasing them and then being given incorrect information about what is, lets face it, one of the most basic benefits of the EC. Doesn't inspire confidence.

schofs Dec 6, 2006 8:57 am

Originally Posted by edi-traveller (Post 6801449)
You don't get a J bonus because even though it is ticketed in J it isn't really J it is really Y but for some reason BA prefer Y to be denoted as J on Domestic just to confuse everyone - hence why it prints out C on the boarding card. Its a Y ticket that is really J that says it is C.

((It's okay my coat is already on!))

I know mate - I was just saying that the reason I'm not suffering the Tier bonus problems may be because it's ticketed in J...

...the last 130 or so J domestics in 24 months have convinced me that I won't be getting a J bonus! :)

...although I'd go as far as to say it is a J product apart from in the air... you get the lounge access, use the Business checkin, it says Business UK on the ticket...

Teece Dec 6, 2006 9:01 am

Originally Posted by schofs (Post 6802678)
...although I'd go as far as to say it is a J product apart from in the air... you get the lounge access, use the Business checkin, it says Business UK on the ticket...

Which is why I reckon it's in the J bucket - makes it easier for the groundstaff to ensure you get all the perks you're entitled to.

Steady-EDI Dec 14, 2006 3:24 pm

Sorted!

My missing tier bonus miles posted today, not as a separate adjustment transaction, but in such a way as to correct the original mis-posted transactions.

Didn't express that very well ... what I mean is that you now can't tell that the error was ever made.

ChrisH Dec 15, 2006 7:39 am

Mine too was corrected this week.