FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Why do you stay with BA? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/620571-why-do-you-stay-ba.html)

edinv Nov 5, 2006 3:03 pm

Originally chose BA because there was no real alternative at least by air!

Signed up to the BA Executive club when proper BA still operated most of the Scottish H & I services and gained Gold from several trips a year on GLA/BEB.

I manage to hold on to silver just, my t/ps almost all gained though BA H & I flights now operated by Loganair.

With the BA sale of BACON to Flybe as evidence that BAs business plan is no longert point to regional sectors, I am not sure how long I shall remain with BA as the routes I use may not even be franchised out.

:(

terpfan101 Nov 5, 2006 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Smirnoff
And having been on a BA flight to SFO on August 10th, I never felt safer, and always feel safe on a BA plane.

right, as do I. Hell BA even posts in their FAQs online a whole thing about how they take the threat of terrorism seriously and sort of talks about what they do to combat the risk of it. Was nice to read something from them.

dombar Nov 5, 2006 3:50 pm

IMHO the US generally should now emabark on a campaign of navel gazing. I class in a semester ( ...TI ) in terrorism don't make you no authority. Having said that maybe Boosh could do with a refresher course?

upperdeckplease Nov 6, 2006 5:21 am

my 10 reasons (not in any order)

What an interesting thread!

I suppose I fly BA because of

1. Amex 241 in F
2. Club I fares are superb value
3. I have realised it is all Flyertalk's fault :rolleyes: that I feel unable ever to travel in Y again, and really enjoy BA service
4. The crew understand what 'a cup of tea' means, and don't offer me a mug of hot water plus some dodgy peppermint tea bags
5. Zone R LHR T1
6. Gatwick Terraces
7. Molton Brown Spa at Heathrow
8. Champagne Bar in F lounge LHR T1
9. Birmingham Terraces, which I suppose will disappear?
10. The lamb or steak in F or long haul C

kered Nov 6, 2006 6:17 am

Originally Posted by dombar
.............................Me personally? I won't set foot on a US registered aircraft if a European carrier will get me to where I want to go to.
Just my take on it all.

I’m right with you there dombar I’d be very slow to get on a Trans Atlantic flight with a US carrier, out of or into the UK or Europe.

Originally Posted by Smirnoff
And having been on a BA flight to SFO on August 10th, I never felt safer, and always feel safe on a BA plane.

Me too, there's just something about BA isn't there ?? I have great faith in the UK security services & in particular those looking after a BA flight over any other carrier.

Granted it could be a huge misconception on my behalf, but it’s what I’m happiest with. Let’s face reality though, unfortunately all of us here in “The West” are perceived targets, so really any European or US airline, train or other such mass transport device is a a big fat juicy target . So I guess we all have to do what makes us feel most comfortable. ^

flyclub Nov 6, 2006 6:41 am

I fly BA and choose to do so by driving at least 280 miles round trip from my home each time because of the:

Teece Nov 6, 2006 7:49 am

As I only do three or four LH trips a year, it doesn't make sense to chop and change carriers. My most frequent LH destination is BOS, and BA are one of, if not the only, carrier that does a day flight on the return - that alone swings it.

The fact that I've now got a silver card only reinforces loyalty, and the additional mileage earning opportunities afforded to UK residents, as well as the MFU scheme, make the BA awards scheme one of the more appealing to me - I'm fortunate enough that I can plan 11 or 12 months in advance to get the routes I want.

Moomba Jul 9, 2007 1:36 pm

Given recent posting I am going to play devil's advocate and bump this thread. :p

Has the board opinion changed in the last eight months?

mwalsh Jul 9, 2007 1:42 pm

You've helped (if that's the right word under the circumstances) me feel real fear. Fear that BA can't possibly take care of me properly.

In many ways, and I've just said this on the 20k bags thead, I wish I'd never shown up here at all, and just went on my (blissfully ignorant) way thinking that all was right in BA's world (much like BA management must do :rolleyes: )

Swanhunter Jul 9, 2007 1:58 pm

More loyal:

GGL - love that once a year redemption option
                  Excellent ex-EU fares make the travel budget go much further, and we now have a corporate deal with BA again
                  Better frequencies/options to where I need to go

Less loyal:

If I can find a cheaper deal on an airline that it not operational inept, I take it. Especially on shorthaul where BA's timekeeping performance is despicable.
                  Crap terminals, appalling luggage delivery performance, increasingly cranky staff
                  The STUPID seating policy

CT-UK Jul 9, 2007 2:03 pm

Beacuse on my monthy PHL route they are still way better than the competion. Apart from that I have no idea.

RoseFPS Jul 9, 2007 3:20 pm

For me, it's all because of collecting the airmiles. And because BA fly nonstop to almost all the places I have to go to. I could change allegiance to *A and earn miles there but it wouldn't be nearly as convenient and I'd probably end up with smaller mileage totals split over more airlines. Instead of a lot of miles on one airline.
                  If it wasn't for the Exec Club I'd certainly be a lot more promiscuous (in the airline choice dept that is, before anyone gets too excited)

Rambuster Jul 9, 2007 3:53 pm

I have asked my staff not to take BA any longer (for their own sake) until LHR transfers are fixed and two pieces of hand luggage is reintroduced - unless BA is the cheapest option ex DUS and they want to fly BA.

Aleks Jul 9, 2007 4:01 pm

Several reasons:

They started flying to CFU this year
                  LGW Terraces (Level 4)
                  Ability to select seat at time of booking
                  UK call centres (at least I've never spoken to BA India yet)
                  Fab cabin crew

aristoph Jul 9, 2007 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Aleks (Post 8028310)
                  Ability to select seat at time of booking

:confused: Not if you really are a BAEC Blue? (I assume you are not buying full-fare tickets as that would not leave you blue for long.)