Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What the .... has happened to the Concorde schedule of late?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2003, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)

Now I know Concorde has had a few problems of late:

-the weather meaning a Gander stop off for BA001
-aborted take off the other caused a problem in the system

Concorde seems to have appeared coming in from New York at almost random times after 5.00pm this last week and I've seen BA001 streaking across West Berkshire at 2pm I'm glad I'm not a businessman relying on BA001/002 on a regular basis as it seems as punctual as Connex of late.

But can't BA sort out the bird so its last few months can be glorious rather than a shabby ending that gets a press mauling for being old and decrepid

Don't get me wrong I'd think Concorde is great, something for us Brits (and French) to be proud of, I just hope the press don't slate it in the last few months of service.

btw, does BA002 have a Gander fuel stop too?

------------------
'There are only two emotions in a plane: boredom and terror'
Orson Welles (1915–1985)
Old Aug 8, 2003, 8:25 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fbgdavidson:
Now I know Concorde has had a few problems of late:

-the weather meaning a Gander stop off for BA001
-aborted take off the other caused a problem in the system

Concorde seems to have appeared coming in from New York at almost random times after 5.00pm this last week and I've seen BA001 streaking across West Berkshire at 2pm I'm glad I'm not a businessman relying on BA001/002 on a regular basis as it seems as punctual as Connex of late.

But can't BA sort out the bird so its last few months can be glorious rather than a shabby ending that gets a press mauling for being old and decrepid

Don't get me wrong I'd think Concorde is great, something for us Brits (and French) to be proud of, I just hope the press don't slate it in the last few months of service.

btw, does BA002 have a Gander fuel stop too?

</font>
How else, are they going to be able to convice Branson not to buy it
Old Aug 9, 2003, 1:22 am

really strange. Think it was tuesday last week, saw Concorde take off from LHR at 2pm approx. A bit later saw a concorde being towed to its maintenance hanger. Could it have been on a short test flight?
Old Aug 9, 2003, 1:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fbgdavidson:
I'm glad I'm not a businessman relying on BA001/002 on a regular basis as it seems as punctual as Connex of late.</font>
Agree...it's been a bit of a disaster of late.

I don't think there are many business people on board these days...just a lot of 'last chancers'
Old Aug 9, 2003, 1:29 am
Suspended

btw, does BA002 have a Gander fuel stop too?</font>
No. BA1 had a Gander fuel stop because the higher temperatures at LHR mean take off weight is down so they can't load as much fuel. NY has been pretty chilly lately!
Old Aug 9, 2003, 8:09 am

Programs: AA 3MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LondonElite:
Agree...it's been a bit of a disaster of late.

I don't think there are many business people on board these days...just a lot of 'last chancers'
</font>
Yes, and I'm one of them (BA2 on the 13th)...and not all of us did it with miles, I'm paying good money for the flight, have a connecting flight to get in LHR and meetings the next day, so I hope it does not get delayed too much
Old Aug 9, 2003, 8:46 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TomCayman:
Yes, and I'm one of them (BA2 on the 13th)...and not all of us did it with miles, I'm paying good money for the flight, have a connecting flight to get in LHR and meetings the next day, so I hope it does not get delayed too much </font>
Tom

I didn't mean to sound condescending. It's a great experience, however you do it.

Hope you have a good flight...it's probably hotter here today (34C) than it is in the Caymans
Old Aug 9, 2003, 10:42 am
Suspended

Very strange...Concorde flew over Chelsea at 4:03 this afternoon. Where did it come from?

It couldn't have been from JFK since, at 3:20 flight time, that would have meant a 7:40 am start in New York...
Old Aug 9, 2003, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LondonElite:
Very strange...Concorde flew over Chelsea at 4:03 this afternoon. Where did it come from?

It couldn't have been from JFK since, at 3:20 flight time, that would have meant a 7:40 am start in New York...
</font>
It may have been a test flight, numerous discussion at Concorde SST have said that one of the aircraft is having test flights after a lengthy maintanance service
Old Aug 9, 2003, 4:43 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> Very strange...Concorde flew over Chelsea at 4:03 this afternoon. Where did it come from?
</font>
I wondered about that too - was up in Hyde Park and spotted her from a distance. Another Concorde flew over at about 21:00 ish tonight, yet a check of ba.com shows no scheduled services from either JFK or BGI today.

Very strange - but not complaining, as unlike work days, I actually get to see her on the approach to LHR! :-)
Old Aug 10, 2003, 1:35 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shuttle-Bored:
Another Concorde flew over at about 21:00 ish tonight, yet a check of ba.com shows no scheduled services from either JFK or BGI today.</font>
Missed the 21:00 one. I too noticed that there were no scheduled services today (I think BGI services went out in March).
Old Aug 10, 2003, 1:53 am
Suspended

It may have been a test flight, numerous discussion at Concorde SST have said that one of the aircraft is having test flights after a lengthy maintanance service</font>
I guess that would be G-BOAF, but I thout that was back in service anyway (judging by its frequency on airliners.net)

Even more confused now as the site suggests that Barbados flights are still running. I thought they ended in March (as they did every year)
Old Aug 10, 2003, 2:50 am
Suspended

Correction: Concorde services to BGI are still running...I guess that clears up the 21:00 Concorde.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 8:15 am
Suspended

</font>
Found this on everybody's favourite new site:

BAW9151 GBOAE CONC EGLL 1234 MA 27R
BAW9151 GBOAH CONC EGLL 1509 xxx 27R

Now, what's G-BOAH??

BAW9151 GBOAE CONC EGLL 1234 MA 27R
BAW9151 GBOAH CONC EGLL 1509 xxx 27R
Old Oct 13, 2003, 8:20 am

Programs: BAEC, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Gold Passport, Tesco clubcard!
What is everyones favourite new site???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.