Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sequence number on BP

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2003, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Sequence number on BP

I saw mention of this recently and became intrigued.

On our recent trip to Nice (I Class) I had a sequence number 001 on EDI-LGW and LGW-NCE but my wife was 006 (she is a blue card - does this matter)

On the way back our sequence numbers were in the 50s.

What do they mean?
Old May 21, 2003, 4:56 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
The SEQ shows the order which you checked in. So to get 001 you probably need to get online 23hr59min59sec before departure. The more pax who check in before you the greater the number
Old May 21, 2003, 4:56 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
I'm quite certain, although I will stand corrected, that this has something to do with when you check-in, either on-line, telephone or at the airport.
Old May 21, 2003, 5:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaza:
I'm quite certain, although I will stand corrected, that this has something to do with when you check-in, either on-line, telephone or at the airport.</font>
That's right; it is the sequence beginning with the first person who checks in for a flight.

When I travel with Mrs LE we are occasionally out of sequence, like 284 and 292. This is because the real-time computer system has checked in 7 people in between us.

Also, remember that the system is global, which means that connecting pax will usually 'check-in' long before you. That's why on a lot of mid-morning European flights, you'll be SEQ 50 or more, even if you've checked in 4 hours before (but why would you do this unless you are insane?)
Old May 21, 2003, 7:13 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CT-UK:
The SEQ shows the order which you checked in. So to get 001 you probably need to get online 23hr59min59sec before departure. The more pax who check in before you the greater the number</font>
SEG 001 = best seat. SEG 390 = living hell and obviously couldn't get near the internet.
Old May 21, 2003, 7:14 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GK:
SEG 001 = best seat. SEG 390 = living hell and obviously couldn't get near the internet.</font>
Unless you had been preallocated a seat in row 1-5!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.