Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bumped from Oversold First Class

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2003, 5:33 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CountinPlaces:
So what was the final resolution?</font>
To let this tread die a natural death .
Old Feb 17, 2003, 9:07 pm

I do not understand...this man had a first class ticket and was denied boarding..
regardless of what excuse the rest of you may make for the airline. The man had a first class ticket and didnot travel first class. If the airline didnot know when the connecting flight would arrive I would be afraid to fly it.They cannot track their own planes ? They don't know what ATC delays are at the airport to effect the connecting flight?? They didn't know the flight going out was to be delayed ??
What the hell did they know other than this man was not going to fly first class ??
He had a right to demand..demand..He had a valid ticket.
To say that this airline doesn't overbook is a denial of facts.. Obviously the do..
Just like every other airline.
It makes no difference whether or not he was a code share..he paid for a ticket to travel IN A CERTAIN CLASS not "from one place to another" as some here say.

British Air did not uphold their end of the contract and took his boarding passes which he should not have given them..That was an attempt to say he never got them...

If this is what British Air does to ANY passenger REGARDLESS OF THE CLASS TICKET PRICE PAID it is a poor excuse for customer service..i believe they call their employees
CUSTOMER SERVICE agents..

At this point I would walk away from any airline that does this. There are many airlines that would welcome business.

Old Feb 17, 2003, 10:49 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
I was bored, I read most of this thread, but there is no sollution??

What did the guy get at the end? Anyone know?

Old Feb 17, 2003, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
To the poster above:

See

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum15/HTML/003151.html
Old Feb 18, 2003, 12:33 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by billhar:

If this is what British Air does to ANY passenger .........
</font>
Don't be so bloody lazy, Who is British Air?
I know a BA and a British Airways but not a British Air
Old Feb 18, 2003, 3:50 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CTEASDEL:
Don't be so bloody lazy, Who is British Air?
I know a BA and a British Airways but not a British Air
</font>
I think it is the British equivalent, rather revered, slightly more pungent and frightfuly more expensive version of that stuff that we all walk out the door to sniff first thing in the morning.
Old Apr 26, 2003, 4:53 am

Programs: FB-Plat, HHonors Gold
TrvlGuru: It's been over a year now that the incident happened. You write that the process of discovery has delivered a lot of information so far. Is there any news yet, or anything you would like to share here?

------------------
Cheers,

Brenno.
wereldverkenning.nl
Old Apr 26, 2003, 5:00 am

I learned the case was settled, but how and what is still in the dark. It would be nice to know some details.

------------------
Cheers,

Brenno.
wereldverkenning.nl
Old Apr 26, 2003, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by brenno:
I learned the case was settled, but how and what is still in the dark. It would be nice to know some details.

</font>
It was already discussed that the details of the case wouldn't be published. Try emailing the original poster if you really want more info on it...
Old Apr 26, 2003, 9:22 am

Okay fair enough. It's just a shame, because that is the interesting thing to know. If he got a good amount of money any person bumped from F-class will then know where he/she stands.

------------------
Cheers,

Brenno.
wereldverkenning.nl
Old Apr 26, 2003, 9:27 am

Just mailed the person and it seems that the account at Yahoo is disabled :-(.

&lt;[email protected]&gt;: host mx1.mail.yahoo.com[64.157.4.82] said: 554 delivery
error: dd Sorry your message to [email protected] cannot be delivered.
This account has been disabled or discontinued [#102]. -
mta456.mail.yahoo.com

------------------
Cheers,

Brenno.
wereldverkenning.nl
Old Apr 26, 2003, 9:36 am
Community Director Emerita

RichLond started a new thread about seeing the check that trvlguru received, and the palm tree which he bought with said check.

Jan_AZ posted this link on page 11 of this thread.

[This message has been edited by SanDiego1K (edited 04-26-2003).]
Old Apr 26, 2003, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by brenno:
Okay fair enough. It's just a shame, because that is the interesting thing to know. If he got a good amount of money any person bumped from F-class will then know where he/she stands.

</font>
Well, no actually because:

The person in question was more knowledgeable on the matter than most

The person in question had to go the legal route

The person in question had a different downgrade than normal, normally a downgrade will be honoured with an immediate credit voucher
Old Apr 27, 2003, 1:51 am

Okay. I tried to mail him, but he didn't answer. It would be interesting to know what - if anything - BA learned from this. For the Dutch portal wereldverkenning.nl I'm going to write a couple of articles on overbookings, downgrades, etc.

------------------
Cheers,

Brenno.
wereldverkenning.nl
Old Apr 27, 2003, 7:07 am

What they learned? Nothing. They are British Airways. As far as they are concerned, they did nothing wrong.

It's been one day since you began to wonder what was up with the case, since you emailed him, and since you wondered why he hasn't responded. If he wants to answer you, he will, but you might want to give him some time. I can speak for myself in saying that not all of us huddle around Flyertalk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.