Wiki Posts
Search

Bermuda trip

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Bermuda trip

Returned last week from a trip to Bermuda. Out in CW (with club suites) and return in first. Crews on both legs were excellent. On the return flight we were told that the washroom in the first cabin was out of order and could only be fixed in London. We were asked to use to CW ones, not a problem. During the flight the CSM passed through the first cabin and took the email addresses of all 8 passengers and said he would forward a complaint to BA about the washroom situation. Within 2 days of arriving home an email arrived from BA to say our complaint was being looked at. Two days later each passenger received 20,000 avios.
FlyingCruiser and DeathSlam like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Quite right too
FlyingCruiser likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
That’s what should happen, I’m pleased that you had a capable IFM.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:52 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Normally these posts seem to be about there being sh..t service, but this time it seems it's quite the opposite.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:52 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
If you value 20,000 Avios at 1p each, that is worth £200. Just to have to ‘spend a penny’ a few feet further away. Seems like a pretty good outcome for the slightly more inconvenient convenience.
bisonrav, Geordie405 and DeathSlam like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Yeah 20K avios for that feels pretty generous - i
got 10k for a service failure much more annoying so yeah, good work by the CSM there
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by Can I help you
That’s what should happen, I’m pleased that you had a capable IFM.
May I ask please: How would BA proactively compensate an (emerald) F passenger flying with an AA frequent flyer number?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by surryson
Quite right too
Exactly, fancy having to share a toilet with J passengers. It is not even something that you can delegate to your valet.
BA or bust and jhawk0202 like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
May I ask please: How would BA proactively compensate an (emerald) F passenger flying with an AA frequent flyer number?
They would offer an evoucher.
Buster CT1K likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:11 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
What actually is an evoucher?
A USD cash check? A cashcard with USD loaded? A GBP BA credit for future travel? I guess no equivalent to an Avios reward in AAdvantage miles?
(asking for a friend)
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:18 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Bit like the Future Travel Vouchers - it's a 125 ticket which holds a coupon with a cash figure. Using the relevant field during the booking process the cost of the booking can be reduced by the coupon's amount.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:37 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Bit like the Future Travel Vouchers - it's a 125 ticket which holds a coupon with a cash figure. Using the relevant field during the booking process the cost of the booking can be reduced by the coupon's amount.
OK. So essentially a GBP BA credit for future travel. If you have no plans to use BA in the near future you are sool.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by DeathSlam
OK. So essentially a GBP BA credit for future travel. If you have no plans to use BA in the near future you are sool.
It’s exactly how AA compensate BA emeralds when AA cock something up. Either AA miles or a voucher for use on AA.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
It’s exactly how AA compensate BA emeralds when AA cock something up. Either AA miles or a voucher for use on AA.
Which is why I’d recommend opening the airline’s own FF account (in this case a BA EC Avios account) even if you don’t intend to use it much so you can have somewhere to stash the currency a given airline is most willing to compensate in.

Unless, that is, the evoucher would be an equivalent value — although I can’t imagine they’d give you a GBP200 evoucher for this, Can I help you , or am I wrong?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The value is given in pounds but the evoucher can be in dollars or euros.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.