Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA wet-leases Danish Air Transport (DAT) aircraft for Summer ‘24; rebooking policy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA wet-leases Danish Air Transport (DAT) aircraft for Summer ‘24; rebooking policy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2024, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Some

It appears BA has yet another new wet lease operator for short haul from LHR this year, have found quite a few flights in the summer (LHR-AGP in my case) that are showing as operated by Danish Air Transport. Seems to be A321s, on the positive side they have 34 rows on the seat map which is three fewer than BA choose to ram in. Anyone heard anything more about this?
Old Mar 20, 2024, 3:38 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue
Seems like they've only got the one A321 - OY-RUU. It's been around a bit.

History here.

Interesting to see if there's any more wet leases this year on top of this one?
ajamieson and HarryDavies like this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 8:01 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Interesting - my flight PMO-LHR in June was changed to be operated by DAT. I actually may have desire to change this specific departure to another airport in Italy - any idea if the new operator gives any flexibility?
Old Mar 20, 2024, 8:23 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I wondered if and when this would start. At least it is not the unspeakable Avion. So if they farm you out to some charter crowd like this - can one change as to me I book to fly British Airways not some subcontractor.
Shingi, SxMan and Pigeon49 like this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 8:57 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
Interesting - my flight PMO-LHR in June was changed to be operated by DAT. I actually may have desire to change this specific departure to another airport in Italy - any idea if the new operator gives any flexibility?
Your ticket is issued by BA, and the flight is still going. I doubt that you will get any flexibility.

(I was wrong, apparently you can change your booking)

Last edited by alex67500; Mar 21, 2024 at 5:28 am Reason: wrong advice
Old Mar 20, 2024, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
I remember searching for some Finnair flights from HEL-LIS last summer and DAT came up as the operating airline but not having taken the flight I can’t comment on their service or the experience.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 9:29 am

BA refusing to move my flight

Hi

I have flights booked London to Corfu, after logging on I noticed that the flight time has changed (only minor as 10 mins) but the carrier has also changed to Danish Air Transport, we usually get emails from BA if they make changes but have had no notification. I have called the booking line to request to change to a BA flight and the request has been refused as the flight number has not changed. I dont think this is correct ,the flight wil be operated by Danish Air Transport and their crew not BA so I think I am entitled to request to change? Have i understood the rules correctly?
rog747 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
it will give you flexibility yes, assuming the operating carrier was sold as BA when you booked it. I would give it a few days before calling.
jamiel likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 10:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by alex67500
Your ticket is issued by BA, and the flight is still going. I doubt that you will get any flexibility.
Not true, BA normally has a commercial policy if the operating carrier changes after booking you can switch to another BA operated flight. I’m not sure if destination changes are permitted or refunds but I’m sure the commercial policy will be issued shortly.
RJD1983 and MatJarosz like this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 1:07 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Not true, BA normally has a commercial policy if the operating carrier changes after booking you can switch to another BA operated flight. I’m not sure if destination changes are permitted or refunds but I’m sure the commercial policy will be issued shortly.
Indeed, remember the hoo-haw about Finnair imposing their own lower hand baggage limits on BA wetleases. That should be grounds for a change to a BA operated flight alone...
jamiel likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 2:03 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I have flown DAT several times within Denmark. It went well.
LCSinTexas and Bluekjp like this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 2:08 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
In addition to whatever specific commercial policy is issued, BA also have a standard customer guideline for this: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...eased-aircraft

This allows a passenger on a BA ticket to move the previous or next BA operated departure.

The specific policies are often a little more flexible than this.
Bluekjp likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 2:52 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk -- let me move this to our BA thread where you'll get the best responses.

chgoeditor, co-mod, Info Desk
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
You're not entitled to a change merely because your flight will be operated by a wetlease, but BA will often allow it. Try calling again.
walmon1977 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 2:59 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This has only just happened, and it may well be that it takes a week or so before guidance gets issued and agents informed. So yes, try again, but not right away. Welcome to the BA forum on Flyertalk.
RJD1983, alex67500, KARFA and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.