Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The case of the audacious pillow pilferer….

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2023, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI

So last night was on a long haul……
Great food and service in F - no complaints - I agree with others the turkey was a bit dry but hey let’s face facts it’s never that great anyway…..
So then I finish and crew offer to make my bed for me.
Cue 2 minutes later a very sheepish cabin crew member who says they’re dreadfully sorry but they can’t find a pillow.
IFM was an utter lifesaver and gave me his pillow from the crew allocation. 11/10 for that - that’s true service.
However we did work out where the pillows had gone - one of the other F passengers had been ‘collecting’ them for herself….. pretty shoddy if you ask me and of course once she’s used it no way anyone else wants it!
I know it’s a terribly first world problem but didn’t know that you have to guard your pillows with your life!!! I shall learn for next time……
FD…
Old Dec 23, 2023, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite
Was the offending passenger confronted by the IFM ?
Old Dec 23, 2023, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by Nick_USA
Was the offending passenger confronted by the IFM ?
I honestly don’t know but just thought it was a bit naughty of the passenger and they might not have noticed…..
Old Dec 23, 2023, 6:52 am

Flew CGK-DOH on QR a couple of weeks ago and after boarding the lady across aisle from me opened up her carry on and pulled out a beautifully folded BA white company duvet! Was a bit surprised given the QR duvet is pretty good, but also perplexed as to how on earth anyone has the guts to remove a duvet from a plane?!
Old Dec 23, 2023, 7:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Nothing surprises me after I saw a very well dressed family in the Soho lounge filling double digit ziplock bags full of fruits and nuts, ferrying back and forward to also stash over 10 bags of crisps and a similar number of cans of coke into a bag. There were two adults and 1 teenage kid. It's a compulsion. I guess the same one that inspires someone to order 5 plates off the QR code menu, take a photo with them and leave without eating. Personally if I saw someone stashing pillows or packing up bedding to take id say something to crew. People may say to mind my own business, but would you prefer I mind my business if I saw someone stealing your wallet or ipad?
Old Dec 23, 2023, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Originally Posted by TTmex
Personally if I saw someone stashing pillows or packing up bedding to take id say something to crew. People may say to mind my own business, but would you prefer I mind my business if I saw someone stealing your wallet or ipad?
I took part in the secret Santa this year and my recipient wanted something money couldn’t buy and was partial to the first class lounge tea set!

Passing through the first lounge and spoke to management who agreed that I could take a teapot and a couple of cups and saucers in exchange for a substantial flying start donation.

I proceeded to pick out said tea wares and pack them into my roll along in full view of everyone in the lounge. I was getting the hairy eyeball from all directions but nobody said a word.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 7:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
I once had my entire CW bedding set (unopened) and pillow stolen from my seat whilst I went to use the toilet before bed. Luckily there was a spare one available. Mine was discovered in the morning, in the premium economy cabin.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
I’ve got a couple of F blankets. They’re great for the kids watching tv on the sofa…
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 7:45 am

Programs: BA Silver
I bought two of the club blankets in that BA sale a while ago but I would never take them on a plane. I would definitely get a raised eyebrow I imagine.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 7:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Nowt surprises me when it comes to human behaviour.
MaxFlyer, Genius1, Shingi and 16 others like this.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 8:51 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Flying Doctor
So last night was on a long haul……
Great food and service in F - no complaints - I agree with others the turkey was a bit dry but hey let’s face facts it’s never that great anyway…..
So then I finish and crew offer to make my bed for me.
Cue 2 minutes later a very sheepish cabin crew member who says they’re dreadfully sorry but they can’t find a pillow.
IFM was an utter lifesaver and gave me his pillow from the crew allocation. 11/10 for that - that’s true service.
However we did work out where the pillows had gone - one of the other F passengers had been ‘collecting’ them for herself….. pretty shoddy if you ask me and of course once she’s used it no way anyone else wants it!
I know it’s a terribly first world problem but didn’t know that you have to guard your pillow
Collecting them? She was going to take the pillow off the aircraft? She may have been seated in First but she has no class.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 8:54 am

I would have requested my pillow back, even if I wasn’t going to use it and put it under my feet.

Unless somebody calls this princess out she’s going to keep acting like she’s the most entitled person on the airplane
Old Dec 23, 2023, 8:55 am

At least it was still on the plane! It could be worse as there is a reason AA asks for their headphones back before descent as some people think/don’t give a .... and feel everything the airline gives you is free to take. (Amenity kit, pajamas, headphones, pillow, bedding, etc.)
Old Dec 23, 2023, 8:58 am

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
I would have requested my pillow back, even if I wasn’t going to use it and put it under my feet.

Unless somebody calls this princess out she’s going to keep acting like she’s the most entitled person on the airplane
Agreed
Nick_USA and camdentown like this.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 9:01 am

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB
Originally Posted by Arsene Wenger
At least it was still on the plane! It could be worse as there is a reason AA asks for their headphones back before descent as some people think/don’t give a .... and feel everything the airline gives you is free to take. (Amenity kit, pajamas, headphones, pillow, bedding, etc.)
Amenity kits and pjs are your own and to be taken away. I only use wireless ear buds so even if headphones were given to be take away, I wouldn't.
RockyRobin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.