FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Ba tier points [and retaining Silver] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2113687-ba-tier-points-retaining-silver.html)

BertieBadger Mar 2, 2023 4:44 pm

No apologies needed at all. I've certainly given out incorrect info in good faith on more than one occasion and been lucky that others have corrected it. It's one of the strengths of this forum.

There are so many subtleties to the various aspects of BAEC, I doubt anyone can remember them all, all the time!

alang44 Mar 3, 2023 2:13 pm

Thanks for all your help. I much appreciate your help.. I Think I now understand the system, BUT as far as I am concerned, the Tier Points algorithm is seriously flawed / broken, after a mess pop last year too.

From 8th Jan 2022 -8th Jan 2023 I earned 855 Tier points and had two BA plane return trips (11th Jan to Malta) and (4th November to Boston). I
have the boarding passes for the 4 flights. (other OW trips included Australia and India) so as far as I am concerned I satisfy the requirements for this years
silver status, with other flights (some code shared with BA) and 855 points. I will have another companion voucher very shortly and after using that on a business
class flight to the US (I have loads of Avios), I am afraid I will stop using BA. The Japan flight I am taking my wife with a companion ticket so no points there.

in January I bought two return tickets to Lanzarote and also 8 return tickets to Malta on BA for February half term for my family. However, next February half term
I will not choose BA. Heathrow is a nightmare etc. and to get to, and for 15 years I used Lufthansa and Alliance (convenient from Manchester) I had no problems.

I know many people from here in the South West use KLM / Lufthansa because of problems with BA flights / Heathrow. I already have
4 flights and 360 points in 6 weeks, but the hassle is not worth it ... my wife has silver making the same flights as I

I want lounge access for my premium economy flights and currently BA seems to keep providing impediments and clearly doesn't seem to want my custom ...
It is clearly cheaper to get other silver cards. All very sad, because I would like to support a mainly British Workforce, but perhaps my complaints might make BA executive club wake up. Best to draw a line here!

BertieBadger Mar 3, 2023 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by alang44 (Post 35058998)
From 8th Jan 2022 -8th Jan 2023 I earned 855 Tier points and had two BA plane return trips (11th Jan to Malta) and (4th November to Boston). I
have the boarding passes for the 4 flights

Were these revenue flights? I.e. paid for as opposed to reward flights using Avios?

If so, you would seem to have the 4 flights and the points necessary to have retained Silver status.

As noted above, there have been some reports of glitches in status renewal, it might be worth a call to BAEC. It won't help you with any flights before it gets sorted, but they might offer some Avios if it's their mistake.

Obviously you should fly the airlines and alliances that work best for you. If that's not BA/OW then certainly the best thing to do is find an alternative. And I speak as someone who has definitely fallen victim to the idea that airlines value our loyalty (hint: turns out they may not do so!)