FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Any further upgrade opportunities? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2098530-any-further-upgrade-opportunities.html)

Dreaming of WT+ Oct 23, 2022 10:02 am

Any further upgrade opportunities?

Hi!

I have booked premium economy and then upgraded to CW with avios

Would love to try F if the opportunity arises and the price is right (I remember the days of dreaming of WT+ ha ha)

If upgrades were available would I be able to upgrade via MMB or using avios in the future? Or does that mean a reissue of ticket costing more?

Thanks

golfmad Oct 23, 2022 10:05 am

Your best option will be an Airport Upgrade (AUP) if available on the day.

KARFA Oct 23, 2022 10:07 am

You can’t upgrade with avios any further now. I think the only chances are if you are offered a promotional cash upgrade price in manage my booking, or ask for an airport upgrade price when at the airport at check in. You won’t get F TPs for either of these though.

Dreaming of WT+ Oct 23, 2022 11:09 am

Ok great thanks will keep an eye out on MMB, and ask at airport if the desire is still there then

rjflies Oct 23, 2022 1:00 pm

AUP upgrade WTP to CW/F (IAD-LHR)

Originally Posted by Dreaming of WT+ (Post 34703212)
Ok great thanks will keep an eye out on MMB, and ask at airport if the desire is still there then

For what it's worth, the last time I did an AUP out of IAD, they quoted me a price for CW and F. I think it was $499 for CW and $1249 for F.

firstlight Oct 23, 2022 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Dreaming of WT+ (Post 34703036)
Hi!

I have booked premium economy and then upgraded to CW with avios

Would love to try F if the opportunity arises and the price is right (I remember the days of dreaming of WT+ ha ha)

If upgrades were available would I be able to upgrade via MMB or using avios in the future? Or does that mean a reissue of ticket costing more?

Thanks

you never know you might get an operational upgrade to F on a DXB flight. That happened to us, bought wt+, upgraded to cw using avios and then we both got upgraded at the gate to F. Our first experience of F and it was very nice. Taste of the high life from BA marketing worked since we are now both GGL...

Dreaming of WT+ Oct 23, 2022 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by firstlight (Post 34703542)
you never know you might get an operational upgrade to F on a DXB flight. That happened to us, bought wt+, upgraded to cw using avios and then we both got upgraded at the gate to F. Our first experience of F and it was very nice. Taste of the high life from BA marketing worked since we are now both GGL...

Ooh well done, sounds lovely