Any further upgrade opportunities?

Old Oct 23, 2022, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Any further upgrade opportunities?

Hi!

I have booked premium economy and then upgraded to CW with avios

Would love to try F if the opportunity arises and the price is right (I remember the days of dreaming of WT+ ha ha)

If upgrades were available would I be able to upgrade via MMB or using avios in the future? Or does that mean a reissue of ticket costing more?

Thanks
Old Oct 23, 2022, 10:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Your best option will be an Airport Upgrade (AUP) if available on the day.
Dreaming of WT+ and rt23456p like this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 10:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You cant upgrade with avios any further now. I think the only chances are if you are offered a promotional cash upgrade price in manage my booking, or ask for an airport upgrade price when at the airport at check in. You wont get F TPs for either of these though.
Dreaming of WT+ likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Ok great thanks will keep an eye out on MMB, and ask at airport if the desire is still there then
Old Oct 23, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
AUP upgrade WTP to CW/F (IAD-LHR)

Originally Posted by Dreaming of WT+
Ok great thanks will keep an eye out on MMB, and ask at airport if the desire is still there then
For what it's worth, the last time I did an AUP out of IAD, they quoted me a price for CW and F. I think it was $499 for CW and $1249 for F.
Dreaming of WT+ and rt23456p like this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Dreaming of WT+
Hi!

I have booked premium economy and then upgraded to CW with avios

Would love to try F if the opportunity arises and the price is right (I remember the days of dreaming of WT+ ha ha)

If upgrades were available would I be able to upgrade via MMB or using avios in the future? Or does that mean a reissue of ticket costing more?

Thanks
you never know you might get an operational upgrade to F on a DXB flight. That happened to us, bought wt+, upgraded to cw using avios and then we both got upgraded at the gate to F. Our first experience of F and it was very nice. Taste of the high life from BA marketing worked since we are now both GGL...
Dreaming of WT+ likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by firstlight
you never know you might get an operational upgrade to F on a DXB flight. That happened to us, bought wt+, upgraded to cw using avios and then we both got upgraded at the gate to F. Our first experience of F and it was very nice. Taste of the high life from BA marketing worked since we are now both GGL...
Ooh well done, sounds lovely

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.