FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best F lounge champagne (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2096844-best-f-lounge-champagne.html)

BWBriscoe Oct 7, 2022 11:51 pm

Best F lounge champagne

Currently sat in the first lounge at LHR. What’s the best champagne in the lounge? They currently have Palmers & Co, but is this the best stuff?

thx

Tobias-UK Oct 8, 2022 12:34 am

Originally Posted by BWBriscoe (Post 34664057)
Currently sat in the first lounge at LHR. What’s the best champagne in the lounge? They currently have Palmers & Co, but is this the best stuff?

thx

Why not sample all and see which you prefer?

sdmr Oct 8, 2022 12:58 am

Don’t fall for the non-alcoholic one! I did that. Could work out why it tasted so odd, til I realised!

Grace B Oct 8, 2022 2:06 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 34664095)
Why not sample all and see which you prefer?

There's more than one (white)?

gcuk Oct 8, 2022 2:21 am

The renowned South African wine author John Platter starts his annual wine guide with the words ‘a good wine is one you enjoy drinking’.

I’ve never been hung up on what other people tell me is a good wine. I try wines and if I like them I buy them again. 2 of my favourite wines are around £7 a bottle.

Tobias-UK Oct 8, 2022 2:30 am

Originally Posted by Grace B (Post 34664189)
There's more than one (white)?

I have no idea but given the OP asks which champagne is the best it’s reasonable to assume there was more than one champagne available.

Foofighter69 Oct 8, 2022 3:09 am

Lanson extra age brut rose goes down better than the others. I didn’t see Hattingley Valley this week but that’s good too.

The recent white champagne swapped from the standard CW champagne isn’t very nice at all IMO.

Can I help you Oct 8, 2022 3:42 am

The one you like!

AleTrail Oct 8, 2022 4:52 am

I really enjoyed the Palmer & Co. self-pour champagne a couple of days ago in the T5 F lounge.
Thought it was less 'bitey' than the previous offering.

orbitmic Oct 8, 2022 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 34664219)
I have no idea but given the OP asks which champagne is the best it’s reasonable to assume there was more than one champagne available.

OT, but I was wondering if that is what the OP meant, or if (s)he was asking if maybe better stuff was "hidden" (ie not self-serve), and more specifically, if perhaps, (s)he was wondering whether reading many of us gloating about LGPS the OP might have wondered if this might be available in the F lounge if asking nicely (in which case, it is not, except on the extremely rare occasions when it is there for self-pouring!) and there isn't any "hidden" stuff.

That said, I do think that your interpretation is a lot more likely and maybe there was either the English stuff or the non-alcoholic stuff that seems to have appeared out of the blue, in which case, Palmer (which is a fine Champagne IMHO) is better than their both in my view.

unfrequentflyer Oct 8, 2022 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by BWBriscoe (Post 34664057)

thx

For the best F lounge champagne anywhere you have to go to Emirate F Lounge in Dubai. Why don't you go to CCR in LHR? Drinks there should be pretty nice.

unfrequentflyer Oct 8, 2022 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 34664289)
The one you like!

Cristal 1989. I drank the whole bottle in 1 evening.

JTXC Oct 8, 2022 9:16 pm

What is the champagne that they normally offer in the CCR if you ask for champagne without indicating a brand? The one I had was delightful--I could have had a whole bottle, but alas I do not want to get completely sloshed. It may be Grand Siecle.

crazy8534 Oct 8, 2022 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by JTXC (Post 34666027)
What is the champagne that they normally offer in the CCR if you ask for champagne without indicating a brand? The one I had was delightful--I could have had a whole bottle, but alas I do not want to get completely sloshed. It may be Grand Siecle.

Usually LPGS, which is indeed a lovely champagne.

In ye olden days they used to have Vintage Taittinger on self-pour in GF and Pol Roger Sir Winston Churchill in F.
You never know what you’ve got until it’s gone, I suppose!