Best F lounge champagne

Old Oct 8, 22, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Best F lounge champagne

Currently sat in the first lounge at LHR. Whatís the best champagne in the lounge? They currently have Palmers & Co, but is this the best stuff?

thx
Old Oct 8, 22, 1:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by BWBriscoe View Post
Currently sat in the first lounge at LHR. Whatís the best champagne in the lounge? They currently have Palmers & Co, but is this the best stuff?

thx
Why not sample all and see which you prefer?
Old Oct 8, 22, 1:58 am

Donít fall for the non-alcoholic one! I did that. Could work out why it tasted so odd, til I realised!
SxMan likes this.
Old Oct 8, 22, 3:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA2MM, WY Gold, QF Gold, VA Platinum.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
Why not sample all and see which you prefer?
There's more than one (white)?
Old Oct 8, 22, 3:21 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
The renowned South African wine author John Platter starts his annual wine guide with the words Ďa good wine is one you enjoy drinkingí.

Iíve never been hung up on what other people tell me is a good wine. I try wines and if I like them I buy them again. 2 of my favourite wines are around £7 a bottle.
Old Oct 8, 22, 3:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Grace B View Post
There's more than one (white)?
I have no idea but given the OP asks which champagne is the best it’s reasonable to assume there was more than one champagne available.
Old Oct 8, 22, 4:09 am

Programs: BA GGL
Lanson extra age brut rose goes down better than the others. I didnít see Hattingley Valley this week but thatís good too.

The recent white champagne swapped from the standard CW champagne isnít very nice at all IMO.
SxMan likes this.
Old Oct 8, 22, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The one you like!
Genius1, jah718, SxMan and 4 others like this.
Old Oct 8, 22, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
I really enjoyed the Palmer & Co. self-pour champagne a couple of days ago in the T5 F lounge.
Thought it was less 'bitey' than the previous offering.
Old Oct 8, 22, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
I have no idea but given the OP asks which champagne is the best itís reasonable to assume there was more than one champagne available.
OT, but I was wondering if that is what the OP meant, or if (s)he was asking if maybe better stuff was "hidden" (ie not self-serve), and more specifically, if perhaps, (s)he was wondering whether reading many of us gloating about LGPS the OP might have wondered if this might be available in the F lounge if asking nicely (in which case, it is not, except on the extremely rare occasions when it is there for self-pouring!) and there isn't any "hidden" stuff.

That said, I do think that your interpretation is a lot more likely and maybe there was either the English stuff or the non-alcoholic stuff that seems to have appeared out of the blue, in which case, Palmer (which is a fine Champagne IMHO) is better than their both in my view.
SxMan likes this.
Old Oct 8, 22, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by BWBriscoe View Post

thx
For the best F lounge champagne anywhere you have to go to Emirate F Lounge in Dubai. Why don't you go to CCR in LHR? Drinks there should be pretty nice.
Old Oct 8, 22, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
The one you like!
Cristal 1989. I drank the whole bottle in 1 evening.
Old Oct 8, 22, 10:16 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
What is the champagne that they normally offer in the CCR if you ask for champagne without indicating a brand? The one I had was delightful--I could have had a whole bottle, but alas I do not want to get completely sloshed. It may be Grand Siecle.
Old Oct 9, 22, 12:30 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA Amex Prem, BA Amex Business, Amex Platinum, Coutts Silk, Hilton Diamond etc.
Originally Posted by JTXC View Post
What is the champagne that they normally offer in the CCR if you ask for champagne without indicating a brand? The one I had was delightful--I could have had a whole bottle, but alas I do not want to get completely sloshed. It may be Grand Siecle.
Usually LPGS, which is indeed a lovely champagne.

In ye olden days they used to have Vintage Taittinger on self-pour in GF and Pol Roger Sir Winston Churchill in F.
You never know what youíve got until itís gone, I suppose!
seat1C likes this.

Search this Thread