Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

October 2022 Flight Cancellations And Operational Changes.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2022, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL

Looks like we will need one for October, too.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
I’ll go first…BA759 OSL-LHR cancelled. This is/was the last flight of the day back to London.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Just had my outbound and inbound Paris weekend cancelled BA320 8/10 and BA323 11/10.

Thankfully managed to rebook alternatives without losing any time overall.

But seriously, cancellations 3 months out? BA have major problems.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 6:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by wb1969
……………….

But seriously, cancellations 3 months out? BA have major problems.
Perhaps two ways to see this : if a cancellation is notified at very short notice (day before ….. or even same day !), people get - understandably - very irritated because it messes with their plans / commitments and often with no time to sort workable alternatives. If - as in your case - the advance notice period is as much as three months, then at least there is a much better chance of rearranging things with minimal hassle. Not an easy call for BA.

I do however agree that it’s not exactly a good sign to be pulling flights this far into the future, when one might hope that a normal schedule can be maintained.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 11:11 pm

16 Oct LHR-BER BA992 Departing at 1045hrs cancelled.

Originally booked BA984 via QF website on the same day but after looking at FR24 noticed that that flight seemed to have a lot of cancellations so booked BA992 as an alternative option. 24hrs later BA992 was the one that got cancelled...
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC silver
Gla-lhr 18/10/22 cancelled

Hi All,

As above my shuttle flight from Glasgow -Heathrow has been cancelled today . This is the start of my LH flight to Hawaii via Dallas ( as recommended on here). This cancellation now makes every flight we have booked except our return shuttle to Gla having been affected( full expecting our return to be hit next).
My question is what does everyone think is our best option to choose when I finally call BA ( I havent done so far for the other changes as have been expecting this and wanted only to make the 1 call knowing how bad the call centres are at present). We have 2 options the 7am flight , giving us 4 1/2 hrs in LHR the 8am flight reducing our wait by an hour ..does anyone think the 8am flight might also get culled? . Could we go down the night before ? Would BA stump up for the hotel if we do? Is the last night time flight any safer to choose? BA have not given us any options lol.
Regarding the other flight changes 2 are on AA ( tho Ba booked and flight numbers) do I need to call AA to sort these or will Ba do this also? All help very much appreciated before I attempt to call up. I woukd rather have my preferred flights and number all sorted for them.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:07 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
October is so far off that BA won't know themselves how things are going to be. But the 08:00 should be fine for that connection. If this has only just happened you may want to leave it to tomorrow or later, since the rebooking may happen overnight without further action from you. They won't pay for an overnight hotel when there are same day options well over Minimum Connection Time. You can choose to book this, if it suits you, you can shift between -3 days early to plus 14 days later, or perhaps more in certain cases. BA will reissue the ticket which should take care of the AA sectors automatically.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:13 pm

I feel your pain. Our flights to Greece in September were cancelled yesterday and it completely messed up a lot of onward plans and bookings, despite doing our best to work around BA’s so called alternative flight they switched us onto. We have now cancelled the BA flights and booked with Swiss. BA has been no help at all but we found it easier to just walk away from them and rebook on a different carrier. Good luck in actually speaking to anyone.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:32 pm

Why not go down the day before - it is a looong way to Hawaii!

Try a cheap night at the Premier Inn - you'll get your breakfast in the airport lounge - and have a night out in London?

You could even have a play on the new Elizabeth Line!

Nice and relaxing, a great strat to a trip. It's what we always do!
imkevinmc likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver | Hilton Honors - Gold
October 2022 Flight Cancellations and Operational Changes

Just had a cancellation for 10/16 for the BA1492 LHR > GLA.

interestingly there was no automatic rebook for this, just a direction to go on to the app for refund/rebooking options.

Booked on to the 8pm BA1498. A bit of a longer sit coming off the Vegas flight.
TangoOneSeven likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:29 pm

BA1325 NCL > LHR 14/10 cancelled.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver | Hilton Honors - Gold
Oops! And there was me searching for it the thread before hand to be sure there wasn’t a duplicate .

Mods - please merge/delete as appropriate
Old Jul 13, 2022, 3:02 pm

Thanks for the quick replies. I will wait a couple of days and see what the bots offer up. We might consider the evening before flight as it might make it a less stressful travel day as who know what airports will look like in October . We are already breaking our journey with a less than 24 hour stop over in Dallas but atleast will have a proper bed to sleep in before continuing on the next day to Hawaii.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 3:14 pm

Doors5 We are keen to keep this holiday alive as feel we got a good deal and would most definitely not get it at anywhere near the cost we have paid so dont wish to cancel though im sure BA would be happy with that option lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.