FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Pro-actively offering something which is not available, a new low (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2084144-pro-actively-offering-something-not-available-new-low.html)

JessicaB Jun 23, 2022 7:45 am

Pro-actively offering something which is not available, a new low

I have an Amex 241 booking in J in December to Miami. I got an email today saying there are a few seats in F available and would I like to upgrade. So I clicked on the "Upgrade now" link, which took me through to the normal MMB section (without of course logging me into the booking concerned). I logged into the booking and "what a surprise", both of the Upgrade options cash and with Avios said Sorry you cannot upgrade this booking.

Honestly the place I get my nails done has better IT than BA. Surely someone who has studied the tiniest bit of marketing knows that if you send out an email, the link should work and you should restrict it to people who can actually take up the offer as otherwise it just serves as a(nother) way of peeing off your customers.

choosethedrew Jun 23, 2022 7:49 am

Originally Posted by JessicaB (Post 34361749)
I have an Amex 241 booking in J in December to Miami. I got an email today saying there are a few seats in F available and would I like to upgrade. So I clicked on the "Upgrade now" link, which took me through to the normal MMB section (without of course logging me into the booking concerned). I logged into the booking and "what a surprise", both of the Upgrade options cash and with Avios said Sorry you cannot upgrade this booking.

Honestly the place I get my nails done has better IT than BA. Surely someone who has studied the tiniest bit of marketing knows that if you send out an email, the link should work and you should restrict it to people who can actually take up the offer as otherwise it just serves as a(nother) way of peeing off your customers.

I agree, I get emails to upgrade avios bookings using cash, it's so irritating.

mikeyfly Jun 23, 2022 8:26 am

Get plenty of these - mainly on "special upgrade prices" click through and nothing

marcopizzaiuolo Jun 23, 2022 9:07 am

This has happened to me few times but I would say that when it comes to busy flights, the email shoot will go to a number of people and someone may have been simply faster to take on the deal, especially with first class seats so scarse nowadays

JessicaB Jun 23, 2022 5:09 pm

Surely a booking in J using Avios is a completely different fare bucket to a booking in J using Cash? Surely all they need to do is to set a filter on the bookings database for that particular flight to filter out Avios bookings? It's such basic stuff...

Anonba Jun 23, 2022 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by JessicaB (Post 34363530)
Surely a booking in J using Avios is a completely different fare bucket to a booking in J using Cash? Surely all they need to do is to set a filter on the bookings database for that particular flight to filter out Avios bookings? It's such basic stuff...

Yes Avios uses U class for Club and Commercial bookings use booking classes J C D R I. However there might be a few seats when an email is sent so availability can change quick.

HarryHolden68 Jun 23, 2022 8:05 pm

I had this E-Mail for an F booking to JFK. Was hoping I could sit in the cockpit jump seat. Alas not.