FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   No Bourbon/Whiskey but plenty of Gin (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2078946-no-bourbon-whiskey-but-plenty-gin.html)

PGberkshire May 12, 2022 8:16 am

They are missing
Amaretto
Vermouth
Campari
(Gin plus the above 2 makes a very easy Negroni)
Brandy - as noted
Spiced Rum

I think the 3 gins is either 1/sponsorship from Aviation or 2/Migration out of Tanq/Gordons for Aviation overtime

bafan May 12, 2022 11:45 am

Originally Posted by PGberkshire (Post 34243626)
They are missing
Amaretto
Vermouth
Campari
Brandy - as noted
Spiced Rum

I think the 3 gins is either 1/sponsorship from Aviation or 2/Migration out of Tanq/Gordons for Aviation overtime

and Cointreau…

krispy84 May 12, 2022 11:49 am

Originally Posted by bafan (Post 34244336)
and Cointreau…

I’m also partial to Kümmel, Green Chartreuse and Grand Marnier, but suspect they won’t be seen anytime soon 😁

camdentown May 12, 2022 11:59 am

Originally Posted by PGberkshire (Post 34243626)
They are missing
Amaretto
Vermouth
Campari
Brandy - as noted
Spiced Rum

I *really* miss the Campari.

Confus May 12, 2022 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by London Dude (Post 34243513)
BTW, on my flight to ORD back in december they didn't have any mini bottles in J. The JW Black came out of a regular-size bottle. Probably another "enhancement" for our benefit..

This was changed for environmental reasons. It’s the same products and the measures used are the same size, so no one should be missing out.

BearX220 May 12, 2022 1:58 pm

Ciroc is a pretty polarizing vodka -- a lot of people don't like it. They'd be better off with something unobtrusively mixable like Three Olives.

Very strange to stack up three gins but zero bourbon, Irish, or rum.

Tobias-UK May 12, 2022 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by BearX220 (Post 34244681)
Ciroc is a pretty polarizing vodka -- a lot of people don't like it. They'd be better off with something unobtrusively mixable like Three Olives.

It's very popular with the Millennials and Gen Z crowd.

BA2158 May 12, 2022 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by London Dude (Post 34241130)
This is one of the several reasons I prefer AA to BA across the pond. When I flew BA in J to ORD in late December the only whiskey options on the drinks menu were JW Black and Bulleit bourbon, which I actually like and drink regularly. AA offers Woodford Reserve, which is superior to both in my book, as well as 12-year-old Glenlivet and JD. Anyway, I asked for a Bullleit, only to have the CSD come back and apologetically inform me that the Bulleit hadn't been loaded and only the JW Black was available. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/imag...s/rolleyes.gif

AA crew seem hesitant to serve after drink #3. :D
And on my latest GRU-MIA they ran out of champagne (only 1 loaded for 20 ppl)

PGberkshire May 12, 2022 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by bafan (Post 34244336)
and Cointreau…

It was on the menu of my last CW flight (10th May)

PGberkshire May 12, 2022 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by krispy84 (Post 34244346)
Green Chartreuse

You savage!....

PGberkshire May 12, 2022 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by BearX220 (Post 34244681)

There is white rum, Bacardi - could better....

Circoc is fine, no Grey Goose mind

GumshoeW12 May 12, 2022 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by PGberkshire (Post 34244796)
There is white rum, Bacardi - could better....

Circoc is fine, no Grey Goose mind

Ciroc = Diageo
Grey Goose = not