FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Faro airport! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2075604-faro-airport.html)

Mattloveday1987 Apr 13, 2022 7:17 am

Faro airport!

Hi All

I am finding a lot of conflicting information on faro at the moment. Couple of quick questions:

Is the lounge open and if not are there any options that are BA inclusive?

Secondly for check in if bags is it the standard 2 hours and not a minute before to check in luggage?

Thanks

Matt

mikeyfly Apr 13, 2022 7:36 am

OneWorld confirms lounge closed https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=FAO which is a reliable and regularly updated source

atcodave Apr 13, 2022 7:44 am

I find Faro very consistent with 2 hours before check in, last trip was August 21, so maybe things have changed!

corporate-wage-slave Apr 13, 2022 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Mattloveday1987 (Post 34161268)
Secondly for check in if bags is it the standard 2 hours and not a minute before to check in luggage?

You can normally find this information in MMB or the BA App, go to the flight details, check-in, other ways to check-in and it normally provides the timetable there.

Camflyer Apr 13, 2022 9:03 am

Even when the lounge was open it was one of the worst in Europe.

EvilDoctorK Apr 13, 2022 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Camflyer (Post 34161573)

Yes, my memory of it is dreadful and tiny ... There's quite a large pretty new area with many catering outlets now airside after the non Schengen passport checks .. lots of decent food outlets and plenty seating .. Sure you've got to pay for the stuff, but it's much better than the lounge ever was !

IAMORGAN Apr 13, 2022 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Camflyer (Post 34161573)

From memory, wasn’t there a new lounge in 2018/19 time? The one before that was definitely a tad jaded…

Camflyer Apr 13, 2022 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK (Post 34161907)
Yes, my memory of it is dreadful and tiny ... There's quite a large pretty new area with many catering outlets now airside after the non Schengen passport checks .. lots of decent food outlets and plenty seating .. Sure you've got to pay for the stuff, but it's much better than the lounge ever was !

I used to go in to the lounge, grab a bottle of water from the fridge (the food was never worth taking), get the wifi-code, then leave and sit at the Costa Coffee outside. The lounge itself was little more than a waiting room full of disappointed people on a package holiday who had paid the lounge supplement.

camdentown Apr 13, 2022 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK (Post 34161907)

In the new catering area last October (lounge closed) had the worst Pasteis de Nata I've ever had.So I wouldn't vouch for the quality of these outlets.

Tafflyer Apr 13, 2022 7:12 pm

The new Faro lounge is definitely not the worst in Europe. It’s not much but there are worse. But, as correctly pointed out, it has been closed since Covid. As with most places, flights and passengers have returned in earnest but facilities and staff have not.

The new food court is really not bad. There’s the usual Burgers, Subway, Sandwich and Pastry stores and a new sports bar and pub on the way from the departure lounge to the gates.