Faro airport!

Old Apr 13, 2022, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Faro airport!

Hi All

I am finding a lot of conflicting information on faro at the moment. Couple of quick questions:

Is the lounge open and if not are there any options that are BA inclusive?

Secondly for check in if bags is it the standard 2 hours and not a minute before to check in luggage?

Thanks

Matt
Old Apr 13, 2022, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
OneWorld confirms lounge closed https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=FAO which is a reliable and regularly updated source
Old Apr 13, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Red, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
I find Faro very consistent with 2 hours before check in, last trip was August 21, so maybe things have changed!
Old Apr 13, 2022, 8:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Mattloveday1987
Secondly for check in if bags is it the standard 2 hours and not a minute before to check in luggage?
You can normally find this information in MMB or the BA App, go to the flight details, check-in, other ways to check-in and it normally provides the timetable there.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Even when the lounge was open it was one of the worst in Europe.
SxMan and Soft Top like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by Camflyer
Yes, my memory of it is dreadful and tiny ... There's quite a large pretty new area with many catering outlets now airside after the non Schengen passport checks .. lots of decent food outlets and plenty seating .. Sure you've got to pay for the stuff, but it's much better than the lounge ever was !
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Camflyer
From memory, wasnt there a new lounge in 2018/19 time? The one before that was definitely a tad jaded
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
Yes, my memory of it is dreadful and tiny ... There's quite a large pretty new area with many catering outlets now airside after the non Schengen passport checks .. lots of decent food outlets and plenty seating .. Sure you've got to pay for the stuff, but it's much better than the lounge ever was !
I used to go in to the lounge, grab a bottle of water from the fridge (the food was never worth taking), get the wifi-code, then leave and sit at the Costa Coffee outside. The lounge itself was little more than a waiting room full of disappointed people on a package holiday who had paid the lounge supplement.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
In the new catering area last October (lounge closed) had the worst Pasteis de Nata I've ever had.So I wouldn't vouch for the quality of these outlets.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 7:12 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
The new Faro lounge is definitely not the worst in Europe. Its not much but there are worse. But, as correctly pointed out, it has been closed since Covid. As with most places, flights and passengers have returned in earnest but facilities and staff have not.

The new food court is really not bad. Theres the usual Burgers, Subway, Sandwich and Pastry stores and a new sports bar and pub on the way from the departure lounge to the gates.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.