FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA sale / last minute deals on Club Class? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2070388-ba-sale-last-minute-deals-club-class.html)

Sophie Jsy Feb 28, 2022 11:49 pm

BA sale / last minute deals on Club Class?

We’re trying to get away for the Easter holidays (original plans fell through) but all last minute deals on BA’s website are in economy.

Does anyone think there will be a sale soon, as all of BA’s club class flights in April are extortionate (assuming we want to venture out of Europe)? We don’t mind which destination as long as there is plenty to do and no issues with an unvaccinated 12 year old.

Any ideas much appreciated.

jonas123 Mar 1, 2022 12:47 am

Originally Posted by Sophie Jsy (Post 34034412)
We’re trying to get away for the Easter holidays (original plans fell through) but all last minute deals on BA’s website are in economy.

Does anyone think there will be a sale soon, as all of BA’s club class flights in April are extortionate (assuming we want to venture out of Europe)? We don’t mind which destination as long as there is plenty to do and no issues with an unvaccinated 12 year old.

Any ideas much appreciated.

very unlikely prices will go down now for Easter. Your main hope is to have some Avios and check redemption availability.

mikeyfly Mar 1, 2022 12:58 am

California in Business from £1200

https://www.google.co.uk/travel/flig...2s9EgYIARAAGAA

Non OneWorld over to Vegas and then road trip from £1400

https://www.google.co.uk/travel/flig...GtMEgYIARAAGAA

Lots and lots of options to change this one for similar money

Florida for £1399

https://www.google.co.uk/travel/flig...DBLEgYIARAAGAA

noFODplease Mar 1, 2022 1:01 am

Have you tried starting your journey in DUB or MAD?

LondonGlobalist Mar 1, 2022 3:13 am

I picked up a good deal with BA to LAX out of AMS via LHR for Easter but, sadly this is not showing anymore.

Interestingly last night flights jumped at about 11pm (london) - I was looking for end May and saw £1.1k OW to MIA (DUB-JFK-MIA-DFW-LHR-DUB) and ever so slightly more to SFO… That jumped to £1.4K then disappeared with BA options and was hovering at £1.5 with AA only…. Not sure if 28FEB was deadline…

Still options to LAS ex DUB at £1.5k I think but nothing exceptional atm.

paulaf Mar 1, 2022 3:29 am

Originally Posted by LondonGlobalist (Post 34034617)
I picked up a good deal with BA to LAX out of AMS via LHR for Easter but, sadly this is not showing anymore.

Interestingly last night flights jumped at about 11pm (london) - I was looking for end May and saw £1.1k OW to MIA (DUB-JFK-MIA-DFW-LHR-DUB) and ever so slightly more to SFO… That jumped to £1.4K then disappeared with BA options and was hovering at £1.5 with AA only…. Not sure if 28FEB was deadline…

Still options to LAS ex DUB at £1.5k I think but nothing exceptional atm.

I know its not the same order of magnitude but I noticed a big price jump in a flight to Malaga last night too for October, there are only 2 seats booked on it and it nearly doubled in price? Weird.

ratechaser Mar 1, 2022 3:48 am

I've been keeping an eye on the Caribbean for Easter, and frankly there's very little availability at all. Chance of prices reducing are approximately zero in my mind.

There are still one or two vaguely reasonable prices, but Mrs RC keeps dithering over what she wants to do and they are getting thinner and thinner on the ground :rolleyes:

noFODplease Mar 1, 2022 4:35 am

Originally Posted by ratechaser (Post 34034647)
I've been keeping an eye on the Caribbean for Easter, and frankly there's very little availability at all. Chance of prices reducing are approximately zero in my mind.

There are still one or two vaguely reasonable prices, but Mrs RC keeps dithering over what she wants to do and they are getting thinner and thinner on the ground :rolleyes:

Doesn't Mrs RC know that dithering is the death of many a good fare opportunity!! :D

In fact I myself dithered last night and have had to book today on a less ideal departure day.

PUCCI GALORE Mar 1, 2022 4:39 am

Originally Posted by ratechaser (Post 34034647)

Since Lent starts tomorrow she had better make her mind up pdq as even now I would think that the best fares will have gone.

paulaf Mar 1, 2022 4:52 am

Originally Posted by noFODplease (Post 34034710)
Doesn't Mrs RC know that dithering is the death of many a good fare opportunity!! :D

In fact I myself dithered last night and have had to book today on a less ideal departure day.

Yes I dithered too! Can anyone with Expert Flyer subscription tell me for BA 2716 on 21st October how many club seats are sold as the seats are now only selling C fare? Find it hard to believe the price doubled overnight thanks.

Door5L Mar 1, 2022 4:58 am

Better to travel outside the peak Easter holidays. The lounges are overcrowded on a regular day but come Easter you might want to avoid them!

sunshinebob Mar 1, 2022 5:09 am

Originally Posted by paulaf (Post 34034741)
Yes I dithered too! Can anyone with Expert Flyer subscription tell me for BA 2716 on 21st October how many club seats are sold as the seats are now only selling C fare? Find it hard to believe the price doubled overnight thanks.

LHR 11:20a → AGP 3:15p
J9 C9 D1 R0 I0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 N0 O0 Q0 S0 G0

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...16533c2641.jpg

paulaf Mar 1, 2022 5:13 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob (Post 34034773)
LHR 11:20a → AGP 3:15p
J9 C9 D1 R0 I0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 N0 O0 Q0 S0 G0

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...16533c2641.jpg

Thanks, just wanted to check it wasn't a BA IT bug, I must have just missed the last 2 R or I seats, will have to change dates now.

ratechaser Mar 1, 2022 5:38 am

Originally Posted by noFODplease (Post 34034710)

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 34034720)
Since Lent starts tomorrow she had better make her mind up pdq as even now I would think that the best fares will have gone.

I will spare you the fruitier language of what I think about dithering with holidays, but yes, this is a constant source of friction. Despite my best efforts over the years to persuade Mrs RC that you often have to just grab the good deals when they come up, it just doesn't work. Admittedly this is a school exam year which adds a bit more complexity to the planning, but

IT
DRIVES
ME
NUTS!!!

anyway, rant over and clearly I love her dearly, but it's certainly the differences that make a marriage sometimes...

At this rate it will be indirect to CUN, with an extended tour of the substandard lounges of North America. Can't wait...

PUCCI GALORE Mar 1, 2022 8:27 am

ratechaser I share your pain. I sometimes call my Beloved Partner-in-Life aka my husband Treebeard as I am sure that he of a line in Ents. One does not decide in haste and repent at leisure, one simply does not decide at all and when it goes wrong blame me, and when it turns out fine bask in the praise

So now I just do it and tell him later. Didn’t I tell you Dear? Oh Dear! Never mind. Carry on. Sometimes I issue ultimata but one thing I ALWAYS do is ensure that there is no Rugby and pay for it with my Amex card. I then settle the Amex from our joint account in full. I do not incur debt to add insult to injury.