BA sale / last minute deals on Club Class?

Old Feb 28, 2022, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

BA sale / last minute deals on Club Class?

We’re trying to get away for the Easter holidays (original plans fell through) but all last minute deals on BA’s website are in economy.

Does anyone think there will be a sale soon, as all of BA’s club class flights in April are extortionate (assuming we want to venture out of Europe)? We don’t mind which destination as long as there is plenty to do and no issues with an unvaccinated 12 year old.

Any ideas much appreciated.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by Sophie Jsy
We’re trying to get away for the Easter holidays (original plans fell through) but all last minute deals on BA’s website are in economy.

Does anyone think there will be a sale soon, as all of BA’s club class flights in April are extortionate (assuming we want to venture out of Europe)? We don’t mind which destination as long as there is plenty to do and no issues with an unvaccinated 12 year old.

Any ideas much appreciated.
very unlikely prices will go down now for Easter. Your main hope is to have some Avios and check redemption availability.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
California in Business from £1200

https://www.google.co.uk/travel/flig...2s9EgYIARAAGAA

Non OneWorld over to Vegas and then road trip from £1400

https://www.google.co.uk/travel/flig...GtMEgYIARAAGAA

Lots and lots of options to change this one for similar money

Florida for £1399

https://www.google.co.uk/travel/flig...DBLEgYIARAAGAA
scoonee, becks1, Deckter and 2 others like this.

Last edited by mikeyfly; Mar 1, 2022 at 1:12 am
Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Have you tried starting your journey in DUB or MAD?
scoonee likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 3:13 am

I picked up a good deal with BA to LAX out of AMS via LHR for Easter but, sadly this is not showing anymore.

Interestingly last night flights jumped at about 11pm (london) - I was looking for end May and saw £1.1k OW to MIA (DUB-JFK-MIA-DFW-LHR-DUB) and ever so slightly more to SFO… That jumped to £1.4K then disappeared with BA options and was hovering at £1.5 with AA only…. Not sure if 28FEB was deadline…

Still options to LAS ex DUB at £1.5k I think but nothing exceptional atm.
paulaf and becks1 like this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by LondonGlobalist
I picked up a good deal with BA to LAX out of AMS via LHR for Easter but, sadly this is not showing anymore.

Interestingly last night flights jumped at about 11pm (london) - I was looking for end May and saw £1.1k OW to MIA (DUB-JFK-MIA-DFW-LHR-DUB) and ever so slightly more to SFO… That jumped to £1.4K then disappeared with BA options and was hovering at £1.5 with AA only…. Not sure if 28FEB was deadline…

Still options to LAS ex DUB at £1.5k I think but nothing exceptional atm.
I know its not the same order of magnitude but I noticed a big price jump in a flight to Malaga last night too for October, there are only 2 seats booked on it and it nearly doubled in price? Weird.
LondonGlobalist likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 3:48 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
I've been keeping an eye on the Caribbean for Easter, and frankly there's very little availability at all. Chance of prices reducing are approximately zero in my mind.

There are still one or two vaguely reasonable prices, but Mrs RC keeps dithering over what she wants to do and they are getting thinner and thinner on the ground
Old Mar 1, 2022, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Originally Posted by ratechaser
I've been keeping an eye on the Caribbean for Easter, and frankly there's very little availability at all. Chance of prices reducing are approximately zero in my mind.

There are still one or two vaguely reasonable prices, but Mrs RC keeps dithering over what she wants to do and they are getting thinner and thinner on the ground
Doesn't Mrs RC know that dithering is the death of many a good fare opportunity!!

In fact I myself dithered last night and have had to book today on a less ideal departure day.
Fritz and paulaf like this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 4:39 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by ratechaser

Since Lent starts tomorrow she had better make her mind up pdq as even now I would think that the best fares will have gone.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by noFODplease
Doesn't Mrs RC know that dithering is the death of many a good fare opportunity!!

In fact I myself dithered last night and have had to book today on a less ideal departure day.
Yes I dithered too! Can anyone with Expert Flyer subscription tell me for BA 2716 on 21st October how many club seats are sold as the seats are now only selling C fare? Find it hard to believe the price doubled overnight thanks.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 4:58 am

Better to travel outside the peak Easter holidays. The lounges are overcrowded on a regular day but come Easter you might want to avoid them!
Old Mar 1, 2022, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by paulaf
Yes I dithered too! Can anyone with Expert Flyer subscription tell me for BA 2716 on 21st October how many club seats are sold as the seats are now only selling C fare? Find it hard to believe the price doubled overnight thanks.
LHR 11:20a → AGP 3:15p
J9 C9 D1 R0 I0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 N0 O0 Q0 S0 G0

paulaf likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
LHR 11:20a → AGP 3:15p
J9 C9 D1 R0 I0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 N0 O0 Q0 S0 G0

Thanks, just wanted to check it wasn't a BA IT bug, I must have just missed the last 2 R or I seats, will have to change dates now.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by noFODplease

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Since Lent starts tomorrow she had better make her mind up pdq as even now I would think that the best fares will have gone.
I will spare you the fruitier language of what I think about dithering with holidays, but yes, this is a constant source of friction. Despite my best efforts over the years to persuade Mrs RC that you often have to just grab the good deals when they come up, it just doesn't work. Admittedly this is a school exam year which adds a bit more complexity to the planning, but

IT
DRIVES
ME
NUTS!!!

anyway, rant over and clearly I love her dearly, but it's certainly the differences that make a marriage sometimes...

At this rate it will be indirect to CUN, with an extended tour of the substandard lounges of North America. Can't wait...
becks1, Wessex Man, Fritz and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 8:27 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
ratechaser I share your pain. I sometimes call my Beloved Partner-in-Life aka my husband Treebeard as I am sure that he of a line in Ents. One does not decide in haste and repent at leisure, one simply does not decide at all and when it goes wrong blame me, and when it turns out fine bask in the praise

So now I just do it and tell him later. Didn’t I tell you Dear? Oh Dear! Never mind. Carry on. Sometimes I issue ultimata but one thing I ALWAYS do is ensure that there is no Rugby and pay for it with my Amex card. I then settle the Amex from our joint account in full. I do not incur debt to add insult to injury.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.