FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   "An update on your refund" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2066485-update-your-refund.html)

marconess Jan 24, 2022 8:19 am

"An update on your refund"

Just recieved this in email. It's been 3/4weeks now.

Intersting this is for a trip ex-eu rather than ex-uk. I asked for refunds for both within minutes of each other and the ex-uk one got refunded back to my Amex within a day.

Booking reference: XXXXX

Dear Customer,

We’re so sorry you haven’t yet received your refund from us.

A system issue affecting a small number of customers has been found that was causing a delay in processing your refund. However, we are aware of it, we have now corrected the issue and are using extra resource to prioritise your booking to ensure you are refunded as quickly as possible.

We understand this is not the service you would expect from us and we thank you for your patience while we process your refund. We will be in touch again once it has been processed to confirm the money has been returned to you.

British Airways

Bohinjska Bistrica Jan 24, 2022 8:23 am

I had similar in 2020 - refund for an ex-EU which took around a month. My LHR-CDG-LHR was however refunded promptly.

I asked and was told that these have to be handled by a different team, which means they take longer. Something to do with the ticket being paid in Euros and not GBP.

KARFA Jan 24, 2022 8:25 am

I think the distinction on speed of refund is not so much around exUK or exEU, but whether it needs a manual calculation or the value is clear and can just be automatically processed - a bit like whether you get an offline FTV or an online evoucher if you go down that route. Things like upgrades and changes are more likely to require a manual calculation.

FWIW I have had the same email for a refund on a UK domestic return, originally a LHR-INV which had several invol changes and eventually the last invol change was to turn it in to a LHR-ABZ rtn, This has been pending since mid December.

Shingi Jan 24, 2022 9:28 am

I also had one today re delayed refund. I will be interested to see if, along with my Avios and taxes for J LHR/DUR they also refund my seats for which I paid £110 plus 23,700 Avios.

cwl Jan 24, 2022 10:22 am

Received exactly the same email today for an exUK, no Avios or FTV involved, no upgrades, full ticket to be refunded as a result of a cancelled flight.

Shouldn't require any complicated fare calculation just a refund back to the original credit card.

Refund request outstanding since 6th January.

Tim_T Jan 24, 2022 2:13 pm

Same email received today - refund was however received last week . BAs IT in top form as usual

marconess Jan 25, 2022 3:44 am

Originally Posted by cwl (Post 33930991)
Received exactly the same email today for an exUK, no Avios or FTV involved, no upgrades, full ticket to be refunded as a result of a cancelled flight.

Shouldn't require any complicated fare calculation just a refund back to the original credit card.

Refund request outstanding since 6th January.

Pretty much exactly the same from me. No FTV or Avois involved. Waiting since 3rd.

Tafflyer Jan 25, 2022 5:39 am

I had similar issues. I was told this was because Sterling refunds are issued in the UK and Euro currency refunds from Europe. My ticket purchased in Euro took about 3 weeks longer to refund than one purchased in the UK.

DominicB Jan 25, 2022 7:50 am

I had the same email just now. It is for an ex-UK ticket booked using On Business points!

Curly Jan 25, 2022 1:05 pm

I rang last Friday morning to chase a refund for a cancellation made on 30 December last year. The agent said there had been a known IT glitch and they were working through the backlog.

Once some 'oomph' had been applied i got my refund over the weekend.

As was said upthread, this was a booking with a FTV and then a paid cabin upgrade, so not straightforward.

alex67500 Jan 26, 2022 4:29 am

Received one yesterday too, requested it on 10th January.

GuyWMD Jan 26, 2022 4:40 am

Still waiting here.
Cancelled flight on the 26th December, opted for the refund. Nothing fancy about the booking! Domestic flight, no avois redemption, no upgradesl paid in £.

BobW1 Jan 26, 2022 7:27 am

Requested refund 15 December against cancelled BKK used Amex 241 + Avios + cash.
Still nothing.

Hotcat1970 Jan 27, 2022 3:38 am

I had the same mail 2 days ago also. I have already had the refund a month ago. Perhaps I shall be lucky and get it again. :eek:

Saladman Jan 27, 2022 6:41 am

Still waiting here. Simple BKK cash booking with no upgrades and requested the refund on the 7th January. Not heard anything. Contacted them last week and no response.