"An update on your refund"

Old Jan 24, 2022, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
"An update on your refund"

Just recieved this in email. It's been 3/4weeks now.

Intersting this is for a trip ex-eu rather than ex-uk. I asked for refunds for both within minutes of each other and the ex-uk one got refunded back to my Amex within a day.

Booking reference: XXXXX

Dear Customer,

Were so sorry you havent yet received your refund from us.

A system issue affecting a small number of customers has been found that was causing a delay in processing your refund. However, we are aware of it, we have now corrected the issue and are using extra resource to prioritise your booking to ensure you are refunded as quickly as possible.

We understand this is not the service you would expect from us and we thank you for your patience while we process your refund. We will be in touch again once it has been processed to confirm the money has been returned to you.

British Airways
KARFA likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
I had similar in 2020 - refund for an ex-EU which took around a month. My LHR-CDG-LHR was however refunded promptly.

I asked and was told that these have to be handled by a different team, which means they take longer. Something to do with the ticket being paid in Euros and not GBP.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 8:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think the distinction on speed of refund is not so much around exUK or exEU, but whether it needs a manual calculation or the value is clear and can just be automatically processed - a bit like whether you get an offline FTV or an online evoucher if you go down that route. Things like upgrades and changes are more likely to require a manual calculation.

FWIW I have had the same email for a refund on a UK domestic return, originally a LHR-INV which had several invol changes and eventually the last invol change was to turn it in to a LHR-ABZ rtn, This has been pending since mid December.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: BA bronze, Emirates blue
I also had one today re delayed refund. I will be interested to see if, along with my Avios and taxes for J LHR/DUR they also refund my seats for which I paid 110 plus 23,700 Avios.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 10:22 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Received exactly the same email today for an exUK, no Avios or FTV involved, no upgrades, full ticket to be refunded as a result of a cancelled flight.

Shouldn't require any complicated fare calculation just a refund back to the original credit card.

Refund request outstanding since 6th January.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 2:13 pm
Original Member

Same email received today - refund was however received last week . BAs IT in top form as usual
Old Jan 25, 2022, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Originally Posted by cwl
Received exactly the same email today for an exUK, no Avios or FTV involved, no upgrades, full ticket to be refunded as a result of a cancelled flight.

Shouldn't require any complicated fare calculation just a refund back to the original credit card.

Refund request outstanding since 6th January.
Pretty much exactly the same from me. No FTV or Avois involved. Waiting since 3rd.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 5:39 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I had similar issues. I was told this was because Sterling refunds are issued in the UK and Euro currency refunds from Europe. My ticket purchased in Euro took about 3 weeks longer to refund than one purchased in the UK.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
I had the same email just now. It is for an ex-UK ticket booked using On Business points!
Old Jan 25, 2022, 1:05 pm

I rang last Friday morning to chase a refund for a cancellation made on 30 December last year. The agent said there had been a known IT glitch and they were working through the backlog.

Once some 'oomph' had been applied i got my refund over the weekend.

As was said upthread, this was a booking with a FTV and then a paid cabin upgrade, so not straightforward.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 4:29 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Received one yesterday too, requested it on 10th January.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Still waiting here.
Cancelled flight on the 26th December, opted for the refund. Nothing fancy about the booking! Domestic flight, no avois redemption, no upgradesl paid in .
Old Jan 26, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: BAEC, Qmiles, QANTAS, Bangkok Airways
Requested refund 15 December against cancelled BKK used Amex 241 + Avios + cash.
Still nothing.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 3:38 am

Programs: BA, CX, SQ, Accor, IHG
I had the same mail 2 days ago also. I have already had the refund a month ago. Perhaps I shall be lucky and get it again.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Still waiting here. Simple BKK cash booking with no upgrades and requested the refund on the 7th January. Not heard anything. Contacted them last week and no response.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.