FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Covid on a plane (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2062142-covid-plane.html)

Newly Wed Jan 4, 2022 12:59 pm

Mr NW and I were both pinged today although not the junior NWs. None of the few people we have seen since our return from MLE on 30/12 are positive so we assume it is a close contact from the plane as per day 2 PCR testing. No other obvious explanation.

AverageHighFlyer Jan 4, 2022 2:33 pm

A few weeks ago, I tested positive on my day-2 PCR (despite having had a negative fit-to-fly antigen of course). Among the many questions on the Test and Trace contact tracing form was one about my actual seat number (their emphasis - clearly they didn’t want the booked seat, but the one I used). So even if the PLF doesn’t ask for the seat number, the contact tracers know, so it’s entirely possible they only ping adjacent rows.

As a side note, the form had a ton of questions about my movements in the prior week, asking me to specify addresses, people etc. Ironically, since I’d been abroad all the time, I was unable to enter anything, as it only accepts UK postcodes. When T&T called and I mentioned this to them, they said that they wouldn’t be able to do contact tracing abroad anyway, which sort of makes sense.

Silver Fox Jan 4, 2022 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by AverageHighFlyer (Post 33871249)
A few weeks ago, I tested positive on my day-2 PCR (despite having had a negative fit-to-fly antigen of course). Among the many questions on the Test and Trace contact tracing form was one about my actual seat number (their emphasis - clearly they didn’t want the booked seat, but the one I used). So even if the PLF doesn’t ask for the seat number, the contact tracers know, so it’s entirely possible they only ping adjacent rows.

As a side note, the form had a ton of questions about my movements in the prior week, asking me to specify addresses, people etc. Ironically, since I’d been abroad all the time, I was unable to enter anything, as it only accepts UK postcodes. When T&T called and I mentioned this to them, they said that they wouldn’t be able to do contact tracing abroad anyway, which sort of makes sense.

Travelling from US-UK on Dec 12th I did not have to enter a seat number, only the flight number. The only way they would know my seat allocation is if they contacted the airline.

Tobias-UK Jan 4, 2022 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Silver Fox (Post 33871271)
Travelling from US-UK on Dec 12th I did not have to enter a seat number, only the flight number. The only way they would know my seat allocation is if they contacted the airline.

The current iteration of the PLF now asks which cabin (single class, economy, premium economy, business, first) you are expected to travel in.

chrism20 Jan 4, 2022 4:31 pm

I had a bizarre one following a domestic flight back in November.

On the date the NHS app said I had been in contact with someone testing positive both myself and my partner were together from the hotel to LHR and were seated together until my flight to ABZ was called and they got the net flight to EDI. I was pinged a few days later but they were not.

Once I got to ABZ I collected my bag and picked up the car before driving straight back to Edinburgh without stopping. I'm assuming as I was ponged and they weren't it's been from the plane or in baggage reclaim in ABZ as those were the only two places I was without them and in the vicinity of other people.

The test was negative so all was well but I did think it a bit odd at the time.

JessicaB Jan 5, 2022 2:36 am

Originally Posted by LCY8737 (Post 33814483)
The crew member had also other symptoms of Covid - drinks were very slow to arrive, my glas went empty for prolonged periods of time. So clearly she was already weakened by the virus.

Drinks were slow to arrive so this means she must have Covid. PMSL.

JessicaB Jan 5, 2022 2:38 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 33871495)
The current iteration of the PLF now asks which cabin (single class, economy, premium economy, business, first) you are expected to travel in.

We were pinged but on a flight where we'd been upgraded, so I presume the person who had tested positive was in W and not J. Which then made me wonder whether anyone had it in J. We are both double vaxxed so it didn't make much difference anyway.