FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Wonderful flight to DXB (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2056689-wonderful-flight-dxb.html)

MANCHESTER Oct 25, 2021 7:52 am

Wonderful flight to DXB

With all the negativity around, wanted to post a very positive experience flying to Dubai on Sat night with 3 kids in F! Airport was quiet as it was the evening. Check in was v quick and straight to the CCR. Staff were great with the kids and kept us fed and watered. Flight was a dream. We didn’t want much apart from sleep, which the kids duly delivered on thank god! I had a snack and drink straight after wheels up and then we were all woken with breakfast 40 mins out. Staff were friendly etc and it was a lovely experience so they do exist !

botham Oct 25, 2021 11:22 am

Thanks for reporting such a positive experience, which sadly dropped down the page very fast, so now hopefully it will come back.

MANCHESTER Oct 25, 2021 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by botham (Post 33672963)
Thanks for reporting such a positive experience, which sadly dropped down the page very fast, so now hopefully it will come back.

I think balance is important…. I will say if things are bad, and will say when things are spot on, as they were on sat night at LHR! I can’t imagine anyone had room for complaint as it all went so well !

Actually that said, I heard a man complaining in the CCR that the kitchen was closed and it was not on etc at 9.30pm… which I get…. if you are open why not just keep the kitchen open until close time ?!

botham Oct 25, 2021 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by MANCHESTER (Post 33673160)
I think balance is important…. I will say if things are bad, and will say when things are spot on, as they were on sat night at LHR! I can’t imagine anyone had room for complaint as it all went so well !

Actually that said, I heard a man complaining in the CCR that the kitchen was closed and it was not on etc at 9.30pm… which I get…. if you are open why not just keep the kitchen open until close time ?!

Fully agree, when paying to fly F, facilities should be available.

babyg_wc Oct 25, 2021 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by MANCHESTER (Post 33672434)
With all the negativity around, wanted to post a very positive experience flying to Dubai on Sat night with 3 kids in F! Airport was quiet as it was the evening. Check in was v quick and straight to the CCR. Staff were great with the kids and kept us fed and watered. Flight was a dream. We didn’t want much apart from sleep, which the kids duly delivered on thank god! I had a snack and drink straight after wheels up and then we were all woken with breakfast 40 mins out. Staff were friendly etc and it was a lovely experience so they do exist !

Nice to hear! Looking FWD to my first trip in December on the a380 even more now..