FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Another sad tale of BA First (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2054541-another-sad-tale-ba-first.html)

johnaalex Oct 5, 2021 6:10 am

Another sad tale of BA First

First class passenger shares footage of 'unacceptable' conditions on £4,000 British Airways flight | Daily Mail Online

mikeyfly Oct 5, 2021 6:18 am

Does he really deserve this article and a thread to himself ? Will help his Insta followers I guess

Can I help you Oct 5, 2021 6:26 am

BA deserve this bad publicity, very sad to see but action is required to get any changes made.

South London Bon Viveur Oct 5, 2021 6:33 am

Although I am sure there is more to this than meets the eye and BA may feel hard done by, it does sounds as though BA need to re-think whether they should operate F at all and, if so, get it up to scratch. I have only flown BA F once, following a CW upgrade, and very much enjoyed the experience, but I have nothing to benchmark it against and didn't pay for it. Judging by the feedback from those that do fly F more often, BA's F product is sub-par.

HarryHolden68 Oct 5, 2021 6:37 am

Does anyone believe the marketing and PR hype from any company, or even the government in this age? It is all just rubbish spouted to sound good but with no substance or desire to deliver it. It's all about words and actions. Ignore the words and believe the actions.
As for the lady who snagged the A380 F cabin on delivery for that BA tv program, she must be going through a lot of notepads or given that she seemed to care, was enhanced.

xxxxx Oct 5, 2021 6:38 am

Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur (Post 33620400)
Although I am sure there is more to this than meets the eye and BA may feel hard done by, it does sounds as though BA need to re-think whether they should operate F at all and, if so, get it up to scratch. I have only flown BA F once, following a CW upgrade, and very much enjoyed the experience, but I have nothing to benchmark it against and didn't pay for it. Judging by the feedback from those that do fly F more often, BA's F product is sub-par.

The main issue here seems to be the badly designed leather edging on the 787-9 F class seats. They badly need to be retrofitted with metal edging as none of the other F class cabins suffer with this problem.

golfmad Oct 5, 2021 6:53 am

Another 'influencer' banging his own drum. I don't dispute the pictures which do tell a sorry tale but my favourite line is this one:

'The air conditioning above my girlfriend's seat was leaking and dripping water onto her which is also particularly unacceptable during Covid, as that's what filters the air.'

Yes, she had Covid literally dripping down on her :rolleyes:

highlandguy Oct 5, 2021 7:04 am

Good effort by Jermyn to get the Daily Mail to run with the story. I remember reading his review at the time & thought it was a really poor experience. As noted above, publicity like this may be the only way BA will take notice of complaints.

HIDDY Oct 5, 2021 7:06 am

Nowt new. Here on FT they've been complaining about BA not being up to 'scratch' for years and years.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...u-stay-ba.html

HarryHolden68 Oct 5, 2021 7:09 am

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 33620453)
Yes, she had Covid literally dripping down on her :rolleyes:

However unlikely, condensate water from the coil can contain all sorts of nasty things. More so if the filters are poorly fitted which is one cause of this carry over.

i_concur Oct 5, 2021 7:13 am

We had a load of tea and overflow from the upstairs sink drop onto us in CW on the 747s coming into land at LHR once.

Just what you pay all that money for. Apparently the sink had overflowed as all the undrunk tea was poured into it. That is less than ideal really.

I've paid £5k per person for a holiday and cannot book seats in CW for next week as the system is glitchy. Cannot get through on the phone (I have tried over 15 times - each one of those 2 minutes of pre-recroded messages before you can even press the options)

A P Yu Oct 5, 2021 7:19 am

The article claims the flights cost £4000 but the email from BA refers to his request for a refund of his upgrade fee - so basically he paid around £600 and the seat had wear marks and there was condensation??

golfmad Oct 5, 2021 7:19 am

Originally Posted by HarryHolden68 (Post 33620495)
However unlikely, condensate water from the coil can contain all sorts of nasty things. More so if the filters are poorly fitted which is one cause of this carry over.

It does make for a classic Daily Mail sentence though.

AlanA Oct 5, 2021 7:27 am

He should try economy on any airline instead. Sick of these “influencers” that really are self opinionated morons in my opinion of course

Jermyn Oct 5, 2021 7:38 am

I wrote about this a while ago:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...pensation.html

A fair amount of poetic license was taken by the journalist who wrote this, including references to me boycotting the airline - despite me flying them later this week.

When approached for comment I was also clear about the fact that I paid a cash upgrade and felt that this should be refunded.
References to £4,000 are presumably there to give some indication of cost to people unfamiliar with AUP procedures.

I was surprised at the £150 offer, given the following:
  • my seat did not recline and had large gouges missing from the trim
  • partner's seat had A/C dripping on it from above
  • both seats were covered in stains and crumbs and clearly hadn't been cleaned
  • food was completely overcooked to the point of being inedible
  • crew were in need of F cabin training and didn't deliver proper service
All above points have been acknowledged and verified by BA in writing

The comments I've received from others flying BA F recently support the notion that cabin maintenance and catering have both taken a dive in the last couple of months.

Really disappointing since I did have one great BA F flight, with a fantastic crew, in July.