FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Seat Selection, Finnair metal, BA ticket (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2051311-seat-selection-finnair-metal-ba-ticket.html)

Ziz Sep 1, 2021 1:28 pm

Seat Selection, Finnair metal, BA ticket

I've got a trip booked through BA, YYZ-LHR on BA, LHR-HEL-ARN on Finnair. I'm silver so I expected to be able to select my Finnair seats for free. I can't actually select them at all. Is this normal?

1Aturnleft Sep 1, 2021 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Ziz (Post 33536478)
I've got a trip booked through BA, YYZ-LHR on BA, LHR-HEL-ARN on Finnair. I'm silver so I expected to be able to select my Finnair seats for free. I can't actually select them at all. Is this normal?

Perhaps try retrieving your BA booking on the Finnair website? Ensure the FF nbr is added there and it should allow you to assign your seating.

nldogbert Sep 1, 2021 2:03 pm

Hi,
I noticed since crazy AY introduced their Business Light fares, it is not possible anymore in such situation, BA # or ticket but AY operated to select seats on the Finnair website I have tried both ways, trying when the BA websites links to the AY site or entering the PNR on the Finnnair site - under both situation I get "Sorry you can't select your seats here, please call our Customer Service".
I have called Finnair customer service once for this and crazily I keep getting a pushback from them, that because it's BA ticket and number they can't do this, etc...I requested for this to be escalated to their supervisor, but never managed to finish my call as it was cut off - wasted 45 mins of my life due to holding and getting an (in)competent agent (?)

I don't know. Previously it was never an issue before they introduced their silly new fare categories.
Will be curious if others have an alternative without the need to call AY.

Cheers!

Ziz Sep 1, 2021 2:14 pm

That's exactly the message I'm getting too. I haven't tried calling yet, but thought it was weird.

jazzyjeff Sep 1, 2021 2:14 pm

Try using the seat selection on the Royal Jordanian website. That allowed me to change my seat on a similar booking recently.

tuonopepper Sep 1, 2021 2:59 pm

Drop AY a message a DM.on Twitter, has worked for.me before with a BA booking on their tin.

nldogbert Sep 2, 2021 2:16 am

Originally Posted by jazzyjeff (Post 33536588)
Try using the seat selection on the Royal Jordanian website. That allowed me to change my seat on a similar booking recently.

Thanks for this tip. I did try and it seems to work. After selecting the seats on the RJ site, I checked my booking on the BA website and looks like all the seats were exactly the one that I selected.
Hopefully it sticks.

Cheers!

Dover2Golf Sep 2, 2021 5:21 am

I booked a 125 ticket to fly on AY only a couple of days ago and was able to immediately select seats on the Finnair site under manage my booking.

BAECAddict Oct 25, 2021 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by jazzyjeff (Post 33536588)

Genius! Worked for me too thanks after getting the same issue as OP.

justin1123 Nov 24, 2021 2:04 pm

Similar question to this. I have a canceled BA flight and am being offered free change to Finnair alternatives through the 'select a different flight' option. I am BA Bronze only but this lets me select seats of course.

If I switch to Finnair - as a 125 ticket I guess, but no idea on 'Flex' or booking code - would I be able to seat select? Anyone experience this?

vintagepilot Nov 24, 2021 3:10 pm

Had exactly this, cancelled BA flights, switched online to AY flights but no way to book seats, nor through any other OW site. BA phone agent had to book them for me.

justin1123 Nov 25, 2021 9:12 am

Originally Posted by vintagepilot (Post 33756650)
Had exactly this, cancelled BA flights, switched online to AY flights but no way to book seats, nor through any other OW site. BA phone agent had to book them for me.

Thanks! At least they can assign when you call, shame you can't do it online as call wait can be crazy at the moment....

IntVic Mar 6, 2022 1:47 am

Thanks for the tip of using the RJ website... just done it and now booked window seats on the A350.

bhbloke Mar 6, 2022 6:41 am

Originally Posted by IntVic (Post 34048958)
Thanks for the tip of using the RJ website... just done it and now booked window seats on the A350.

Keep your eye on the booking, as they don't always stick.

Outbound to LHR-HEL-BKK in November my selected seats (via the RJ site) were wiped and the two of us were pushed towards the back of Biz.

Inbound on the same route, they did stick and we got our selected seats.

KARFA Mar 6, 2022 9:00 am

Yes so the trick using RJ MMB for AY flights booked on BA tickets should work. The problem is that the seat maps there don't show what is already occupied, so if you choose a seat already taken it just won't save it when you click to confirm. I find ideally you have RJ and expertflyer seat map open at the same time you can pick seats you know are free, and that does seem to work.

Also apparently using the MH MMB may work and may show occupied and unoccupied seats.