Search

NL resclassifies UK as "High Risk Country! 11th June

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2021, 2:07 pm
BOH
Original Poster

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
NL resclassifies UK as "High Risk Country! 11th June

Just a heads-up for anyone traveling next week. From 15th June the entry requrement has just changed - daughter is traveling on 16th June and just received a text advising this

Travelers now need a negative PCR test within 24 hours of boarding flight to NL (it was 72 hours)
....or a negative PCR test 72 hours before boarding AND now a rapid test 24 hours before boarding if you arrive after 00:00 on June 15th.

Here we go again
Old Jun 11, 2021, 4:52 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
I’ve got a feeling they won’t be the only ones - we’re starting to be seen as the risky country in Europe. And we were doing so we’ll months ago... 🤦‍♂️
Old Jun 11, 2021, 5:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Gold, Eurostar CB, FB Explorer
Originally Posted by BOH
Just a heads-up for anyone traveling next week. From 15th June the entry requrement has just changed - daughter is traveling on 16th June and just received a text advising this

Travelers now need a negative PCR test within 24 hours of boarding flight to NL (it was 72 hours)
....or a negative PCR test 72 hours before boarding AND now a rapid test 24 hours before boarding if you arrive after 00:00 on June 15th.

Here we go again

Hi there

This isnt new. Mid May 2021 I travelled to NL from UK and needed a (either a 24 hour PCR negative test or) a 72 hour PCR and rapid 24hr test.

You can avoid the latter if you get the Eurostar.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 6:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
The main change is that the 10 days home quarantine on arrival in NL is now mandatory for travellers from the UK, instead of only "strongly urgently recommended" before. You must complete a quarantine declaration form in addition to the passenger health form, and you will now be called to check where you are. You can still have a free test to release on Day 5 by phoning the GGD in advance to book, or booking online on Day 5 itself.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
The UK's 7-day case rate has gone from being one of the very lowest in Europe to one of the very highest again, in the space of a couple of months. Little wonder that other countries are placing new restrictions on us.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 1:44 pm

Although disappointing, I can understand why European countries are doing this (Germany did so a few weeks back).

They really don’t want the Delta variant picking up in a big way, at least until more of their populations are vaccinated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.