FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   June 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2034275-june-2021-flight-cancellations-operational-changes.html)

Nephoi Feb 17, 2021 3:38 am

June 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

LHR-SOF-LHR had time changes . it seems that they are only operating one flight pair and moved them to 11:20 departure in LHR and 17:20 departure in SOF... no different flight times on different days anymore (except weekends)

nufnuf77 Feb 17, 2021 4:15 am

I am hoping HKG rotation gets cancelled so i can get a refund of my part flown cash+UuA booking

VSLover Feb 17, 2021 2:01 pm

my AUGUST SOF flight was already cancelled...so it looks like they may be tinkering with it as its only 5x week in AUG.

KeaneJohn Feb 18, 2021 9:04 am

July SOF flights amended too.. why so far out on that route? I’d have thought with quite a lot of £1000 ex SOF fares booked there would be more traffic on this route with positioning flights than other destinations.

Nephoi Feb 18, 2021 9:08 am

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn (Post 33045468)
July SOF flights amended too.. why so far out on that route? I’d have thought with quite a lot of £1000 ex SOF fares booked there would be more traffic on this route with positioning flights than other destinations.

with that few flights and only a limited seats in J class you limit the number of "£1000 ex SOF fares" booked. i dont see that fare as a cash cow for BA.

Lefly Feb 18, 2021 10:19 am

LHR-SOF early June cancelled also for me, with automatic rebooking for the next day. That's not going to work, so if I keep the ex-SOF trip, I'll change this last flight to somewhere else. In any case I'm not touching this booking until a closer date.

VSLover Feb 18, 2021 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Lefly (Post 33045626)
LHR-SOF early June cancelled also for me, with automatic rebooking for the next day. That's not going to work, so if I keep the ex-SOF trip, I'll change this last flight to somewhere else. In any case I'm not touching this booking until a closer date.

same. the new flight is the same day as my connection to JFK so will just wait this one out to see how the situation improves for summer

angeloedades Feb 18, 2021 3:50 pm

Already?! I just booked a couple of BER flights and one with LCY too!

LPQ Mar 6, 2021 10:12 am

MUC cancellation notified today. Munich flights in June down from seven to two weekdays.

Locky84 Mar 7, 2021 12:39 pm

BLL flights early June not on sale but not yet cancelled. BA holding on to the money for a bit I expect. I will wait patiently for the cancellation

BAeuro Mar 7, 2021 1:20 pm

It seems odd that BA have cut down flights up to 7th June. If foreign travel is allowed from 17th May, then there is probably demand for more than 1 (expensive) flight a day to BCN for example.

Nephoi Mar 7, 2021 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro (Post 33083978)
It seems odd that BA have cut down flights up to 7th June. If foreign travel is allowed from 17th May, then there is probably demand for more than 1 (expensive) flight a day to BCN for example.

i think, BA believes that foreign travel will not be allowed from 17th May.

gcuk Mar 7, 2021 1:48 pm

5-6 flights a day to Athens. Focus on holiday destinations?

alex67500 Mar 7, 2021 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro (Post 33083978)

Originally Posted by Nephoi (Post 33083979)
i think, BA believes that foreign travel will not be allowed from 17th May.

Originally Posted by gcuk (Post 33084045)
5-6 flights a day to Athens. Focus on holiday destinations?

I think it's not only about the UK allowing its residents to travel, it's also about countries which will have us. Greece seems pretty open, mainland Spain less so.

paulaf Mar 7, 2021 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by alex67500 (Post 33084063)
I think it's not only about the UK allowing its residents to travel, it's also about countries which will have us. Greece seems pretty open, mainland Spain less so.

Spain are saying they want UK tourists back in May.