Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

June 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Old Feb 17, 21, 3:38 am
Original Poster

LHR-SOF-LHR had time changes . it seems that they are only operating one flight pair and moved them to 11:20 departure in LHR and 17:20 departure in SOF... no different flight times on different days anymore (except weekends)
Colesmore likes this.
Old Feb 17, 21, 4:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
I am hoping HKG rotation gets cancelled so i can get a refund of my part flown cash+UuA booking
Old Feb 17, 21, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Plat Elite
my AUGUST SOF flight was already cancelled...so it looks like they may be tinkering with it as its only 5x week in AUG.
Old Feb 18, 21, 9:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
July SOF flights amended too.. why so far out on that route? I’d have thought with quite a lot of 1000 ex SOF fares booked there would be more traffic on this route with positioning flights than other destinations.
Old Feb 18, 21, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn View Post
July SOF flights amended too.. why so far out on that route? Id have thought with quite a lot of 1000 ex SOF fares booked there would be more traffic on this route with positioning flights than other destinations.
with that few flights and only a limited seats in J class you limit the number of "1000 ex SOF fares" booked. i dont see that fare as a cash cow for BA.
Old Feb 18, 21, 10:19 am

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), TK E (*G)
LHR-SOF early June cancelled also for me, with automatic rebooking for the next day. That's not going to work, so if I keep the ex-SOF trip, I'll change this last flight to somewhere else. In any case I'm not touching this booking until a closer date.
VSLover likes this.
Old Feb 18, 21, 10:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Plat Elite
Originally Posted by Lefly View Post
LHR-SOF early June cancelled also for me, with automatic rebooking for the next day. That's not going to work, so if I keep the ex-SOF trip, I'll change this last flight to somewhere else. In any case I'm not touching this booking until a closer date.

same. the new flight is the same day as my connection to JFK so will just wait this one out to see how the situation improves for summer
Lefly likes this.
Old Feb 18, 21, 3:50 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Already?! I just booked a couple of BER flights and one with LCY too!
Old Mar 6, 21, 10:12 am
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
MUC cancellation notified today. Munich flights in June down from seven to two weekdays.
mustafina likes this.
Old Mar 7, 21, 12:39 pm

BLL flights early June not on sale but not yet cancelled. BA holding on to the money for a bit I expect. I will wait patiently for the cancellation
Old Mar 7, 21, 1:20 pm

Programs: BAEC
It seems odd that BA have cut down flights up to 7th June. If foreign travel is allowed from 17th May, then there is probably demand for more than 1 (expensive) flight a day to BCN for example.
Old Mar 7, 21, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BAeuro View Post
It seems odd that BA have cut down flights up to 7th June. If foreign travel is allowed from 17th May, then there is probably demand for more than 1 (expensive) flight a day to BCN for example.
i think, BA believes that foreign travel will not be allowed from 17th May.
Old Mar 7, 21, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
5-6 flights a day to Athens. Focus on holiday destinations?
Nephoi likes this.
Old Mar 7, 21, 1:57 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by BAeuro View Post
Originally Posted by Nephoi View Post
i think, BA believes that foreign travel will not be allowed from 17th May.
Originally Posted by gcuk View Post
5-6 flights a day to Athens. Focus on holiday destinations?
I think it's not only about the UK allowing its residents to travel, it's also about countries which will have us. Greece seems pretty open, mainland Spain less so.
Old Mar 7, 21, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by alex67500 View Post
I think it's not only about the UK allowing its residents to travel, it's also about countries which will have us. Greece seems pretty open, mainland Spain less so.
Spain are saying they want UK tourists back in May.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: