Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New High Life Café catering on BA short haul routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2021, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: orbitmic
Complimentary offerings
Euro Traveller: water and an ambient snack (eg. cereal bar in the morning, packet of pretzels rest of the day)
Club Europe: full food and bar service

Speedbird Café
Pre-ordered food and beverage service on BA mainline short haul flights, begins 20 January 2021. Available to passengers travelling in Euro Traveller and Club Europe. Items must be be ordered online - minimum 12 hours before departure on services from London, a minimum of 24 hours from outstations. Some flights to London have a longer lead time of 30 hours - see night-stop info below.

Order online via the High Life Shop

Speedbird Café Menu

List of night-stop flights which require the longer 30 hour lead time for orders

Noteworthy information:
Pre-order only: no additional product will be loaded for sale on board and therefore no trolley service or printed menus

Crew will have new TourPOS devices for confirming delivery and taking pre-orders for future flights

Complimentary service first, then delivery of pre-orders. These will be assembled by crew - food delivered in paper bags, drinks by tray.

Not possible to earn or spend Avios on Speedbird Cafe however this option will still be available for Highlife Shop orders

Mainline only

Print Wikipost

New High Life Café catering on BA short haul routes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:22 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Don't forget to enjoy your Menu....
justin_krusty and CLT like this.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Boeing77W
This has always been the case during the COVID catering in ET, just never advertised onboard.
Unless you're demanding a diet coke when flying to BHD after a long day in London as a key worker.... in which case you can forget it!
justin_krusty, mrow, ENTP and 5 others like this.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:32 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Unless you're demanding a diet coke when flying to BHD after a long day in London as a key worker.... in which case you can forget it!
😂😂😂😂😂
Brilliant
Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Disappointing that it seems to be another Tourvest effort, because they were dreadful during the previous BoB attempt. The menu looks good, but so did the previous one in some ways. The only thing that is good is the food pre ordering idea, which is what Air Berlin offered. But they should have an onboard trolley properly stocked with drinks, ideally free soft drinks, tea and coffee. But I'm no fan of Bob on planes. Never have been, never will be.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:54 am

Programs: LH,ITA,BA Silver,AY Gold
Did I miss something, or is the muffin it as a breakfast item? All the egg lovers (not me!) seem to have been forgotten. I could gladly do the scone for breakfast , but might that get me banned from BA.
Finally, no trolley, so how do I get my mandatory slice of lime for the G&T?
MA
Old Jan 8, 2021, 9:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by miandrew
Did I miss something, or is the muffin it as a breakfast item?
There's the porridge as well. Historically the English ate pies for breakfast, and doubtless someone in this forum still does.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Historically the English ate pies for breakfast, and doubtless someone in this forum still does.
Only if there's a bit of one under the sofa left over from the night before that hasn't been noticed by the cat.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 9:09 am

There's the porridge as well. Historically the English ate pies for breakfast, and doubtless someone in this forum still does.
Absolutely. And next time you hear them chant " who ate all the pies " you'll know who it is.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Ha, you want to lose the chance of an upgrade, or get it kicked out? Then pre order something from the menu!
Old Jan 8, 2021, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Ha, you want to lose the chance of an upgrade, or get it kicked out? Then pre order something from the menu!
Good, so I can fill up in the lounge, order nothing I need to pay for, and increase my chances of an upgrade. Sounds like a plan.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Greenpen
On the few occasions I have ordered a meal in advance, I have forgotten what I ordered by the time I fly. I can foresee passengers being given a ham sandwich and saying they are positive they ordered cauliflower.
I'd be fairly certain I hadn't ordered the calui wrap.
I think those sat in my vicinity would be fairly grateful I hadn't ordered it too!
Old Jan 8, 2021, 10:14 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by EJetter
  • Complimentary service first, then delivery of pre-orders. These will be assembled by crew - food delivered in paper bags, drinks by tray.
That’s crazy!

Serve the cheapskates first, and then the people who have paid up front??

On a short flight, the complimentary run could take most of the flight.

Us poor alkies will be going mad on a LHR-MAN flight
MrPrice16 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
That’s crazy!

Serve the cheapskates first, and then the people who have paid up front??

On a short flight, the complimentary run could take most of the flight.

Us poor alkies will be going mad on a LHR-MAN flight
The complimentary service on my last flight, a nearly full A320 took 2 crew 2 minutes 30 seconds to deliver. You'll be fine.
Skimo, DYKWIA, TGLoyalty and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 10:29 am

Programs: LH,ITA,BA Silver,AY Gold
Sorry missed that being placed next to the couscous.
I do think this is a step in the right direction on balance. They will have good data for future adjustments.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
I think retaining the small snack with the option to buy additional catering is an excellent proposition. It does seem a slightly odd decision not to load pay-bars though? Even through the worst of BoB the bars were well stocked with non-perishables.

BA said they’d have the kettle on. They must have one of those Tea Is Made alarm clocks you set up before going to bed!
ENTP likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.