Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New High Life Café catering on BA short haul routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2021, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: orbitmic
Complimentary offerings
Euro Traveller: water and an ambient snack (eg. cereal bar in the morning, packet of pretzels rest of the day)
Club Europe: full food and bar service

Speedbird Café
Pre-ordered food and beverage service on BA mainline short haul flights, begins 20 January 2021. Available to passengers travelling in Euro Traveller and Club Europe. Items must be be ordered online - minimum 12 hours before departure on services from London, a minimum of 24 hours from outstations. Some flights to London have a longer lead time of 30 hours - see night-stop info below.

Order online via the High Life Shop

Speedbird Café Menu

List of night-stop flights which require the longer 30 hour lead time for orders

Noteworthy information:
Pre-order only: no additional product will be loaded for sale on board and therefore no trolley service or printed menus

Crew will have new TourPOS devices for confirming delivery and taking pre-orders for future flights

Complimentary service first, then delivery of pre-orders. These will be assembled by crew - food delivered in paper bags, drinks by tray.

Not possible to earn or spend Avios on Speedbird Cafe however this option will still be available for Highlife Shop orders

Mainline only

Print Wikipost

New High Life Café catering on BA short haul routes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2022, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Has anyone noticed that the Speedbird Cafe ordering platform doesn't have a timetable that is in sync with BA's actual flight schedule? I tried to order some drinks for my outbound LGW-FAO on December 22nd and Speedbird Cafe claimed there was no flight operating on that day. Then, when we got on, the 6-month old A320 Neo (G-TTNR) didn't have wifi so the crew were confused when making the announcement that you could use wifi to order...

(Incidentally, why are BA still accepting new aircraft without wifi?)
SxMan likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kdhurst380
You ever fly with Ryanair and they don't stop for the entire flight. Trolleys are constantly up and down and you can guarantee on every run several people will buy something, even if just a coffee.
That has not been my experience on the few Ryanair flights that I have made this year (between Poland and France). It may be that this was because the flights were operated by Ryanair's Polish subsidiary (Buzz) and that a more aggressive marketing approach is used on Ryanair mainline and/or UK and Irish routes.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Today's food selection on the flight to TIA. Looks a bit unappealing tbh
Not great even for short sectors (not a single sandwich in sight). Imagine having that selection for flights to Amman and Cairo. Simply outrageous.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
£5 for a scone!
SxMan and TarquinMontague like this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Dear folks, has anyone ordered the Steak & Ale Pie from the Speedbird Café recently.
If so, does anyone know is one portion is one pie?

I don't think that the count of four at the image on the pre-order site is the actual amount that is served for GBP4.50
SxMan likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Dear folks, has anyone ordered the Steak & Ale Pie from the Speedbird Café recently.
If so, does anyone know is one portion is one pie?
One Pie unfortunately and its smaller than you think. Not quite two bites but as near as makes no difference. It's tastey I grant you but hardly filling - a definite case of quality over quantity.....
Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
One Pie unfortunately and its smaller than you think. Not quite two bites but as near as makes no difference. It's tastey I grant you but hardly filling - a definite case of quality over quantity.....
Size wise, it's a smidge bigger than your average mince pie. A filling meal it is not.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by bwaflyer
Size wise, it's a smidge bigger than your average mince pie. A filling meal it is not.
Indeed, I was prepared for it being small but was still quite surprised by just how small it is. To add insult to injury, we ordered 2 (one for me and one for the OH) and only 1 was loaded so the tiny pie had to be shared.

I didn't even think it was that great either, so claimed a refund for both the pie not loaded and the pie delivered, which was given without any argument.
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze; HHonors; ClubCarlson
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Thank you. I had considered ordering one in the past. I suppose they have a picture of 4 pies because that's how many you need to feel you've actually had something other than just a bite to eat.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by MarcD
...only 1 was loaded so the tiny pie had to be shared...
Sorry but this is the perfect comedic Dickensian vignette of life on BA these days
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:09 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Originally Posted by clubeurope
I'd say the tapas option looks really quite lovely...

perhaps my go-to choice on a european flight on any airline
But don't you just know that by the time it's wrapped in plastic and cardboard it will not look anything like the pic!
Old Jan 23, 2022, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Ordered a cauliflower wrap, tea and some duty free items on my recent IST-LHR flight and was promptly served when the trolley has came to my row.

First image: Free service

Second image: My Speedbird Café pre-order
Old Jan 24, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by bwaflyer
A filling meal for £4.50 would seem unrealistic when bought from airline BoB.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Silver
Is there (still?) no way to pre-order on some SH flights? Went to the website to see what was offered, seemed to be about 5 alcoholic drinks and a tapas box, then tried to put my flight number in and it said "not found", so appeared to be no way to order, or see what was actually available on my flight. Flying ET LHR-MUC in a couple of days - might just have to load up on early lunch in the lounge!
Old Mar 26, 2022, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Most comms I get from BA now appear to be apologies and excuses !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.