Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Promotion : "A golden opportunity" - earn GUFs with fewer TPs [Targeted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2020, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Link :

A golden opportunity | Offers | British Airways

Your registration will be declined if you're not in the target list.
Print Wikipost

Promotion : "A golden opportunity" - earn GUFs with fewer TPs [Targeted]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2021, 3:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Do we think this is a blanket extension or a targeted one based on a sub-set of the original audience who have made progress but haven't quite reached the thresholds? I ask because I received the original notification and registered, but have heard nothing since.

Pilot37
My husband - Gold - got the e-mail and has not traveled since February 2020. He had, however, a recent cancellation for a +500 TPs trip valid for the promotion, and one still active booking* now eligible under the new dates.
Similar situation for me, but no e-mail so far.

*Booking with less than 10% chance of happening, by the way.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 3:24 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Lefly
My husband - Gold - got the e-mail and has not traveled since February 2020. He had, however, a recent cancellation for a +500 TPs trip valid for the promotion, and one still active booking* now eligible under the new dates.
Similar situation for me, but no e-mail so far.

*Booking with less than 10% chance of happening, by the way.
I'd wager a lot of people are in a similar situation and this extension was in no small part caused by them not wanting to deal with a swathe of people trying to claim the vouchers based on itineries that BA had cancelled.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I'd wager a lot of people are in a similar situation and this extension was in no small part caused by them not wanting to deal with a swathe of people trying to claim the vouchers based on itineries that BA had cancelled.
It would not have occurred to me to use lost TPs earnings to request the GUF for this promotion...
On the other hand, If "negative" TPs from BA cancelled flights/trips were eligible for anything, I would be half way to keep GGL
Old Feb 10, 2021, 4:00 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
It would not have occurred to me to use lost TPs earnings to request the GUF for this promotion...
On the other hand, If "negative" TPs from BA cancelled flights/trips were eligible for anything, I would be half way to keep GGL
BA metal flights booked pre-pandemic which were cancelled were looked at by GGL for people claiming 6k/7k/8k bonuses - so they kind of do count for something.

[OFFTOPIC] But at the moment BA need to give some answers on status. There are people with July renewals who hit their renewal last year and so have had no extension at all, and yet someone with a June expiry wo flew 0 flights in 2019/20 has their status through 2022. [/OFFTOPIC]
Old Feb 10, 2021, 7:52 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
[OFFTOPIC] But at the moment BA need to give some answers on status. There are people with July renewals who hit their renewal last year and so have had no extension at all, and yet someone with a June expiry wo flew 0 flights in 2019/20 has their status through 2022. [/OFFTOPIC]
There's a thread about that, it's had replies today so it should be on the first page of the board.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I’ve got to be honest, I got this e-mail a couple of days ago and find it faintly ridiculous. Like many here, my business travel is likely to be non-existent until at least the Autumn and personal travel is looking less likely by the day - and certainly harder than for the corresponding periods last year. Remember that “travel corridors” were not opened until early July last year and whilst I imagine some countries, e.g. Spain/Italy/Greece, will want to open up for summer tourists, I think the government here with its new-found obsession with closing borders as an easy way to reduce interaction, clamping down on “mutant strains” and a desire to not squander gains from the vaccine successes, will be reluctant to drop the increasingly strict quarantine requirements or the blanket non-essential travel bans. So no amount of GUF vouchers is going to facilitate travel this side of August.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 4:38 am

From what I read in the extension rules, every booking made before 30th June is eligible for the promotion.
Did I read it right?
Old Mar 17, 2021, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
From what I read in the extension rules, every booking made before 30th June is eligible for the promotion.
Did I read it right?
According to my understanding of the T&C's, the booking should be made on/after 9 December 2020 and you should fly until 30 June 2021.

7.1. Preregistered Eligible Participants must book and fly between a minimum of 250 - 500 Tier Points between 9 December 2020 and 30 June 2021 in order to receive a Gold Upgrade for One Voucher.
Lefly likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
how long after crossing the 250/500 threshold does it take to post?
Old Mar 17, 2021, 3:01 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
how long after crossing the 250/500 threshold does it take to post?
My original (December) e-mail says "If the requirements in clause 7 are met by the Preregistered Eligible Participant the voucher will be provided within 30 days of the end of Promotional Period." The (February) e-mail extending this offer to 30 June has the same phrasing. I have no certainty as to when the GUF will post, but I would be surprised if it posts before 30 June (due to BA needing to remove the GUF1 for those who later qualify for the GUF2).
Old Mar 18, 2021, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
My original (December) e-mail says "If the requirements in clause 7 are met by the Preregistered Eligible Participant the voucher will be provided within 30 days of the end of Promotional Period." The (February) e-mail extending this offer to 30 June has the same phrasing. I have no certainty as to when the GUF will post, but I would be surprised if it posts before 30 June (due to BA needing to remove the GUF1 for those who later qualify for the GUF2).
This.

I'd qualfied for the GUF1 and the email I got was "You're more than halfway there, we're giving you extra time to get the additional" or words to that effect. So my understanding is it will post sometime in July.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 7:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Has anyone ever heard back from BA ?

I was hoping to receive the GUFs but now they have prolongued the period.. lol
And do I understand it right that the GUFs will not be assigned after you reach the 500 TP but we all have to wait for the perios to end? so no GUFs before July at earliest now?

thnx for clarifying
Old Mar 18, 2021, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
Has anyone ever heard back from BA ?

I was hoping to receive the GUFs but now they have prolongued the period.. lol
And do I understand it right that the GUFs will not be assigned after you reach the 500 TP but we all have to wait for the perios to end? so no GUFs before July at earliest now?

thnx for clarifying
That's how I've read it - July for the vouchers for everyone.

Works for me as it just extends the validity. Not so great if you were banking on using it next month!
Markie likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 10:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
I understand that the GUF won't be sent out until after the offer finishes. I'm hoping to trigger this in the next week.

Q1. Has anyone got an email after qualifying travel in this offer?
Q2. If you book using BA holidays does there need to be reward space or is it more like a TA where there just has to be availability in a cheaper revenue class?

Thanks.
Old May 29, 2021, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by firstlight
I understand that the GUF won't be sent out until after the offer finishes. I'm hoping to trigger this in the next week.

Q1. Has anyone got an email after qualifying travel in this offer?
Q2. If you book using BA holidays does there need to be reward space or is it more like a TA where there just has to be availability in a cheaper revenue class?

Thanks.
For Q1 - I wasn't targeted for this promo so I can't answer it.
For Q2 - BA Holidays could be booked in any revenue fare bucket including full fare "Y". However, the price for the flight component would increase if there isn't any cheaper revenue class availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.