FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   COVID-19 BA Suspended Routes, Changes in The BA Network, Speculation & Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2018571-covid-19-ba-suspended-routes-changes-ba-network-speculation-discussion.html)

aztimm Sep 27, 2021 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm (Post 33600434)
Does anyone have information on LHR-CHQ (Chania, Greece) flights?
It looks bookable on the BA website, but has dropped off of Google flights. Should I be concerned?
Haven't yet booked, but was going to use a BA credit to do so.

To answer my own question, it appears that this was a Google issue. Flights are back on there, and still on BA.com

Does anyone know when the, "seasonal," LHR-CHQ ends? Or is it year-round now?

BAeuro Sep 27, 2021 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm (Post 33600875)
To answer my own question, it appears that this was a Google issue. Flights are back on there, and still on BA.com

Does anyone know when the, "seasonal," LHR-CHQ ends? Or is it year-round now?

Tbh Chania has seen many frequency increases over the years and I doubt it will be going anywhere (for future reference).

The service runs April - Oct, but varies in frequency depending on the month.

aztimm Sep 28, 2021 9:35 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro (Post 33600900)
Tbh Chania has seen many frequency increases over the years and I doubt it will be going anywhere (for future reference).

The service runs April - Oct, but varies in frequency depending on the month.

Thank you! I'm looking at very late Oct, with a CHQ-LHR flight on 30 Oct. It is still on the schedule, so I'm hoping/assuming it will be running then.

Nikko5 Oct 2, 2021 4:27 pm

From today’s Daily Telegraph:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ime-half-term/

“The Telegraph understands that the 54 countries on the Government’s “red list” will be slashed to as few as nine this week - with South Africa, Brazil and Mexico all expected to be opened up to quarantine-free travel in time for the October half-term break.Cape Verde and Indonesia are also due to be struck off the red list - which requires travellers to quarantine in designated hotels.

Thailand could also become a quarantine-free destination but was said to be a more marginal call”

Scotflyer80 Oct 5, 2021 3:30 pm

LAS is now planned to resume 1 November.

SJC has been suspended for W21 schedule. The service is currently planned to resume on 27 March 2022.

Personally wouldn’t be surprised if BWI, BNA and MSY end up joining San Jose in being suspended until S22. All 3 routes have recently has there resumption dates pushed back to 9 December.

HarryKUK Oct 7, 2021 7:04 am

Bangkok BA9 - Oct/Nov/Dec 2021 cancellations

I posted this question in another thread but I just realise that’s more for 2022 bookings and my query is about 2021.

I think I originally saw that Bangkok was resuming from the end of October and then all of November and December but looking to book a flight now I can’t see any availability for October or November and the first flight that is bookable is on the 9th of December.

As I have a flight on the 10th of December should I be nervous about this potentially being a rolling cancellation and look to switch airlines while there are still some cheap seats on airlines such as Finnair?

Does anyone know when (and why) the October and November 2021 flights have been cancelled?

Thanks

BAeuro Oct 8, 2021 2:44 pm

I just read on Facebook that BA are looking into Phuket flights from Jan 22.

Currently, I have no more info, but I am digging so see what I find.

ISTFlyer Oct 8, 2021 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro (Post 33629225)
I just read on Facebook that BA are looking into Phuket flights from Jan 22.

Currently, I have no more info, but I am digging so see what I find.

Actually it would make perfect sense for BA to start flights to Phuket.
More honeymooners complaining about seat selection fees which get seated separately because they haven't paid for their seats :D

joecooljoe Oct 9, 2021 7:58 am

Any update on POS? Currently booked for Christmas but flights not for sale on ba.com. historically routed thru uvf. Now they are off red list, keen to go!

mcgahat Oct 9, 2021 8:15 am

BWI-LHR from November 19th

Looks like this route is set to go from November 19th, any bets on it getting cancelled?

I am prepared to book BWI-LHR-MAD due to cost. If I do book it and it cancels, would BA allow me to change to lets say BCN as a destination as a part of the change? BCN is a good deal more at the moment in Club. :D

Nil SeAnn Oct 9, 2021 11:56 am

Recently added second daily LHR-DFW-LHR BA141/0(788) has now been removed from the schedule and it's back to the daily 78X (BA192/3) along with multiple AA flights. No sign of the reported change to the 388 in the schedule looking out into the spring. Not sure what "facilities" are lacking given the suspension of the daily Qantas A380 which used to park adjacent to BA at the D terminal.

IFlyPlanes Oct 13, 2021 1:54 pm

Had a look at routes, seems like BA have finally sorted some (if not most) European schedules. For example: There were 5 scheduled flights to Berlin on Dec. 18th 2021, now there is only 2 (From LHR)
Also to Warsaw, were 3 flights, as I suspected, this is now 2 (with one A321neo, quite rare considering this route mainly just serves A320s and A319s) (applies to December 17 2021)
Interesting stuff!

KARFA Nov 3, 2021 6:33 am

LGW-MAN now due to start on 2 January 2022 - I wasn't sure if it was mentioned before but the wiki said 1 December so I have amended it now.

KARFA Nov 3, 2021 3:21 pm

I spoke too soon! Just got a cancellation for 2 Jan, so LGW-MAN start date now 1 March 2022.

Jojobarnes Nov 6, 2021 3:12 am

Just seen a chart on Simple Flying from IAG that suggests BA is returning to Calgary, Pittsburgh and launching Portland for S22 (no mention of Charleston).

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2dc1e50b34.png