FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   COVID-19 BA Suspended Routes, Changes in The BA Network, Speculation & Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2018571-covid-19-ba-suspended-routes-changes-ba-network-speculation-discussion.html)

BAeuro May 29, 2021 8:11 am

Here are the rough loads for the inaugural flights today:

MAN-FAO

CE - 37/48
ET - 80/108

NCL-FAO

CE- 20/24
ET - 121/144

SOU-FAO

CE - 24/26
ET - 68/72

EDI-FAO

CE - 4/18
ET - 37/80

BAeuro May 30, 2021 11:52 am

I believe today’s EDI-FAO and FAO-EDI were cancelled due to low passenger numbers.

EDI-FAO only had 6 passengers in CE and ET combined.

FAO-EDI had nobody booked on it at all.

Not a great sign for regional flights from EDI and nowhere near as successful as the MAN/NCL/SOU ones.

BAeuro May 30, 2021 1:21 pm

Also, BA are increasing LHR-Pristina to 3x weekly in July. Another focus on VFR I presume.

ISTFlyer May 30, 2021 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro (Post 33290427)
I believe today’s EDI-FAO and FAO-EDI were cancelled due to low passenger numbers.

Not a great sign for regional flights from EDI and nowhere near as successful as the MAN/NCL/SOU ones.

Not familiar with it, but does Scotland have a different procedure for Green list arrivals? Do passengers arriving from Portugal need to quarantine/self-isolate upon arriving from Portugal?

Dicksbits May 30, 2021 1:56 pm

So there are no flights bookable to Genoa from London, and Gran Canaria has been 'relegated' to Gatters, and no longer has the weekend departures from T5 over the winter season - couple of things I've noticed in recent days in my searches.

Reetmafreen May 30, 2021 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 33290675)
Not familiar with it, but does Scotland have a different procedure for Green list arrivals? Do passengers arriving from Portugal need to quarantine/self-isolate upon arriving from Portugal?

I haven’t kept up with Scottish regulation, but when red list countries were first set up, any international arrival direct into Scotland required the mandatory 10 hotel enforced quarantine, even if the departure country was not on the red list.

BAeuro May 30, 2021 2:43 pm

No I don’t believe there are any self isolation requirements. I’m not too sure about the specifics of Scotland though.

BAeuro May 30, 2021 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Dicksbits (Post 33290713)
So there are no flights bookable to Genoa from London, and Gran Canaria has been 'relegated' to Gatters, and no longer has the weekend departures from T5 over the winter season - couple of things I've noticed in recent days in my searches.

LGW-GOA is suspended for S21 but is due to resume in November.

As for LPA, it was moved to Gatwick just before Covid struck, so unfortunately the winter LHR service had already been cut. Although I hazard a guess it’ll stay at LHR until at least S22.

Dicksbits May 30, 2021 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro (Post 33290823)

As for LPA, it was moved to Gatwick just before Covid struck, so unfortunately the winter LHR service had already been cut. Although I hazard a guess it’ll stay at LHR until at least S22.

Thanks! So I can probably book January 22 and expect it to be LHR (ACE too!)

Scotflyer80 May 30, 2021 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro (Post 33290814)
No I don’t believe there are any self isolation requirements. I’m not too sure about the specifics of Scotland though.

There isn’t now. However Scotland was later announcing that they were aligning travel guidance with rest ok uo due Scottish parliament elections.

sammyg901 May 31, 2021 2:49 am

I don't think it is a school holiday this week in Scotland

Speedbirdsouth May 31, 2021 5:55 am

I think SOU will do well for BA

Dog250 May 31, 2021 7:03 am

Scotland has the same traffic light system as the rest of the UK.
Our government is advising against foreign travel through.

Was at EDI on Saturday and it was very quiet. Through security in less than 2 minutes.

Off topic: Lots of people being denied boarding on the LH flight due to the German ban on UK arrivals. Majority were connecting to a Schengen flight.

Rui Santos Jun 1, 2021 1:36 am

Happy to correct you on this, flights were cancelled because of crew rest due to hotel issues.

Pax were taken to the NCL service

BAeuro Jun 1, 2021 2:20 am

Originally Posted by Rui Santos (Post 33294273)
Happy to correct you on this, flights were cancelled because of crew rest due to hotel issues.

Pax were taken to the NCL service

That’s really good to know thanks and shows you can’t always trust the rumours you hear.