FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   LGW Or LHR [November 2020 flights] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2018324-lgw-lhr-november-2020-flights.html)

AlanA May 24, 2020 11:54 am

LGW Or LHR [November 2020 flights]

I have a booking with BA fly drive,
November, DUB-LGW-MCO, and back December MCO-LGw-LHR-DUB.

does anyone know when, or even if BA will move out of LGW?

many thanks

BAeuro May 24, 2020 11:57 am

Originally Posted by AlanA (Post 32400359)
I have a booking with BA fly drive,
November, DUB-LGW-MCO, and back December MCO-LGw-LHR-DUB.

does anyone know when, or even if BA will move out of LGW?

many thanks

They have not officially said they will be leaving LGW and frankly I don’t think they will. It’s just a tactic to get a better deal out of everyone.

As for your trip, it could go from LHR if the long haul routes move up but for now just keep an eye on it.

billyb750 May 24, 2020 1:04 pm

Just out of interest, if BA change a flight from departing from LGW, to Instead departing from LHR, does that constitute a change in the booking from their end, which would allow you then to cancel the booking and obtain a full refund from BA?

corporate-wage-slave May 24, 2020 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by billyb750 (Post 32400510)
Just out of interest, if BA change a flight from departing from LGW, to Instead departing from LHR, does that constitute a change in the booking from their end, which would allow you then to cancel the booking and obtain a full refund from BA?

Yes, not least because the flight number will change, so it would be difficult to argue the flight has not been cancelled. There is some jurisprudence on this too, and basically not in the airlines' favour.

BrianDromey May 25, 2020 2:43 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 32400544)
Yes, not least because the flight number will change, so it would be difficult to argue the flight has not been cancelled. There is some jurisprudence on this too, and basically not in the airlines' favour.

The journey starts in Dublin and if all on one ticket it’s highly likely that a DUB-LHR-MCO reroute would be as quick, if not a quicker transfer than via LGW. If the OP were rerouted on BA metal all the way (I assume LGW-DUB is an EI service) Via T5 the MCT would be a lot less and given the frequency might be a better journey overall.

AlanA May 25, 2020 3:01 am

Yes, but (I know, I know) wanted the MCO-LGW-LHR return, as wasn’t going use the last leg back to Dublin.

plunet May 25, 2020 7:45 am

Easy. If you get rescheduled, when you need to rearrange the flights, force an overnight into the return. You could have needed to visit someone in Reigate which is now a 4 hr round trip from LHR with M25 timing safety whereas previously they could have met you at LGW.

ISTFlyer May 25, 2020 9:41 am

Still, nobody knows about the future of LGW flights. If you're planning to fly to MCO from DUB and if your original flights are canceled; you could alternatively fly to MIA/ORD/DFW with BA and take an AA codeshare from there without the stress of changing airports.

BrianDromey May 26, 2020 3:20 am

It seems like the OP is doing an ex-EU from DUB but wants to "throw away" the final LGW-DUB sector. If/When it comes to re-booking just choose an overnight, but less than 24 hours (to avoid APD) LHR-DUB that way your bags will not be checked to your final destination, or choose a LGW/LCY-DUB flight. The agent might think it slightly odd, but should be allowed.

SonTech May 26, 2020 10:50 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 32402407)
Still, nobody knows about the future of LGW flights. If you're planning to fly to MCO from DUB and if your original flights are canceled; you could alternatively fly to MIA/ORD/DFW with BA and take an AA codeshare from there without the stress of changing airports.

So what happens if BA routes them DUB-MCO direct if a flight is operating that day?

ISTFlyer May 26, 2020 10:54 am

Originally Posted by SonTech (Post 32404975)
So what happens if BA routes them DUB-MCO direct if a flight is operating that day?

According to US DoT regulations or EC261/2004, they would probably be allowed for a full refund.
It depends on the route that they offer, the airline that they offer and the time that they offer.