Wiki Posts
Search

LGW Or LHR [November 2020 flights]

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2020, 11:54 am
Original Poster

LGW Or LHR [November 2020 flights]

I have a booking with BA fly drive,
November, DUB-LGW-MCO, and back December MCO-LGw-LHR-DUB.

does anyone know when, or even if BA will move out of LGW?

many thanks
Old May 24, 2020, 11:57 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by AlanA
I have a booking with BA fly drive,
November, DUB-LGW-MCO, and back December MCO-LGw-LHR-DUB.

does anyone know when, or even if BA will move out of LGW?

many thanks
They have not officially said they will be leaving LGW and frankly I don’t think they will. It’s just a tactic to get a better deal out of everyone.

As for your trip, it could go from LHR if the long haul routes move up but for now just keep an eye on it.
AlanA likes this.
Old May 24, 2020, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Just out of interest, if BA change a flight from departing from LGW, to Instead departing from LHR, does that constitute a change in the booking from their end, which would allow you then to cancel the booking and obtain a full refund from BA?
AlanA likes this.
Old May 24, 2020, 1:22 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by billyb750
Just out of interest, if BA change a flight from departing from LGW, to Instead departing from LHR, does that constitute a change in the booking from their end, which would allow you then to cancel the booking and obtain a full refund from BA?
Yes, not least because the flight number will change, so it would be difficult to argue the flight has not been cancelled. There is some jurisprudence on this too, and basically not in the airlines' favour.
AlanA and billyb750 like this.
Old May 25, 2020, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, not least because the flight number will change, so it would be difficult to argue the flight has not been cancelled. There is some jurisprudence on this too, and basically not in the airlines' favour.
The journey starts in Dublin and if all on one ticket it’s highly likely that a DUB-LHR-MCO reroute would be as quick, if not a quicker transfer than via LGW. If the OP were rerouted on BA metal all the way (I assume LGW-DUB is an EI service) Via T5 the MCT would be a lot less and given the frequency might be a better journey overall.
Old May 25, 2020, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Yes, but (I know, I know) wanted the MCO-LGW-LHR return, as wasn’t going use the last leg back to Dublin.
Old May 25, 2020, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC
Easy. If you get rescheduled, when you need to rearrange the flights, force an overnight into the return. You could have needed to visit someone in Reigate which is now a 4 hr round trip from LHR with M25 timing safety whereas previously they could have met you at LGW.
Old May 25, 2020, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Still, nobody knows about the future of LGW flights. If you're planning to fly to MCO from DUB and if your original flights are canceled; you could alternatively fly to MIA/ORD/DFW with BA and take an AA codeshare from there without the stress of changing airports.
Old May 26, 2020, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
It seems like the OP is doing an ex-EU from DUB but wants to "throw away" the final LGW-DUB sector. If/When it comes to re-booking just choose an overnight, but less than 24 hours (to avoid APD) LHR-DUB that way your bags will not be checked to your final destination, or choose a LGW/LCY-DUB flight. The agent might think it slightly odd, but should be allowed.
AlanA likes this.
Old May 26, 2020, 10:50 am

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Still, nobody knows about the future of LGW flights. If you're planning to fly to MCO from DUB and if your original flights are canceled; you could alternatively fly to MIA/ORD/DFW with BA and take an AA codeshare from there without the stress of changing airports.
So what happens if BA routes them DUB-MCO direct if a flight is operating that day?
Old May 26, 2020, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by SonTech
So what happens if BA routes them DUB-MCO direct if a flight is operating that day?
According to US DoT regulations or EC261/2004, they would probably be allowed for a full refund.
It depends on the route that they offer, the airline that they offer and the time that they offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.