FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Well done BA - positive feedback / thank you thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2013450-well-done-ba-positive-feedback-thank-you-thread.html)

20Rothmans Mar 18, 2020 2:25 pm

The Gold Line picked up immediately yesterday. That would be first class service even during normal times.
K on BA867 yesterday was an angel and a more formal form of thanks is on its way.
I hope that those of you who are stranded make it home.

Flexible preferences Mar 18, 2020 2:30 pm

Just so good to hear experiences like this, in times like this.

corporate-wage-slave Mar 18, 2020 3:04 pm

And don't forget to do this:

ba.com/thankyou

if you have received great service. We don't know how the next few months will play out, but having some appreciative remarks on your HR record won't do anyone any harm.

peter h Mar 18, 2020 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 32203722)

ba.com/thankyou

if you have received great service. We don't know how the next few months will play out, but having some appreciative remarks on your HR record won't do anyone any harm.

Thanks for reminding me about this.

I've just had a routine call about rearranging a cancelled flight (the FT 'do' to TIA) and asking to extend a GUF2 voucher. I got through quickly and and then had an engaging conversation about my travel uncertainties and the current workload of the callcentre staff (and the tech issues of remote working for me and him)! Oh, and the flight was changed with no fuss whatsoever.

alex67500 Mar 18, 2020 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 32203722)

ba.com/thankyou

We'd have to get Hawk777 's name first. And yours maybe, you do have an HR file at Waterside don't you? :D

slicktony Mar 18, 2020 5:54 pm

I don’t think I had registered before that you could thank people at BA in this way. I'm so pleased c-w-s pointed it out and have filled out the form just now to thank the cabin crew for their amazing kindness on BA987 back from Berlin on Tuesday.

Weary Nomad Mar 18, 2020 6:10 pm

Had a very positive experience yesterday and made sure my feedback was sent. Currently in the US and decided to cut our trip short with the uncertainty of flights being curtailed. Was expecting a long delay on the phone to the call centre and was pleasantly surprised at how quick it was picked up. Considering the stress and pressure that the call centre are coping with, the lady was so calm and reassuring and made the change requested without fuss. At times like this these colleagues are a credit to BA and hope their attitude and efforts get recognised. Well done BA

Middleofthebus Mar 18, 2020 6:14 pm

Totally agree with this thread - I should have been taking the missus to New York tomorrow for one of my very rare trips in First due to a redemption and 241 voucher.

When I got through to the BA Gold line they were very calm and incredibly helpful and got the situation resolved really easily. Needless to say I’m not going.

I am mindful that losing a nice New York weekend and rare First Class trip is frustrating, but the folks on the line have much bigger concerns.

Here’s hoping this blows over sooner rather than later and the impact on BA is not too great.

i started this year travelling every week and wondering if it was a but much, but I’m missing my BA flights and will be giving the crew a very warm hello when I finally get back on a plane!

Chin up BA folks - it seems there are a lot of regular customers who appreciate you and are thinking of you.

DrAJ Mar 18, 2020 6:28 pm

The 16.03.20 1700 from NCL to LHR had a sense of last ride out too. Probably not true domestically but a few nervy international customers in the lounge due on last connections when we had a (short ish)tech delay. Fantastic club crew. On feet as soon as wheels up. 2 bottles of fizz for me during 48 min flight. Bittersweet not knowing when I will fly again. Feel for all ground and flight crew at this time.

CharlotteC Mar 19, 2020 1:34 am

As I said last week the team at Heathrow were fantastic when I popped in to change my flight; I know how frustrated they were that they hadn’t been told what they are allowed to do or not. It was dealt with professionally calmly and with a sense of humour despite whatever impact things might have on their livelihoods

JTXC Mar 19, 2020 2:50 am

I have had some great flights on this trip -- nice meals (I LOVE the afternoon tea service). CE not full on any of my flights. My first time using the lounge at GLA, which was lovely. Sadly I cannot take my last flight, LHR-TXL. My heart goes out to the employees who must feel terrible not knowing what will happen from one day to the next. Here's hoping things get better in time for my flights in August.

Paul2408 Mar 20, 2020 6:58 am

Had flights in J from Man to Mia via phl and then back Mia via lhr. Got cancellation overnight so called gold line to get a refund - less than 10 minutes wait and then great service from very pleasant lady. All in all top notch service

BMWMOT Mar 20, 2020 8:42 am

I too would like to offer my kudos to BA. We had our first ever BA First Class flight coming up in April which got cancelled.
Thanks to this FT community, I learned about You First. (Who knew. What a great customer service perk)
Prior to this virus situation, I used the You First email to ask a few questions to which they promptly replied

Now with the cancellations and my desire for a refund, I went back to the You First team.. With just a couple emails back and forth they refunded my avios used for upgrading and processed the refund. No calling, no waiting on hold, excellent.
They did say given the situation it could take up to 3 wks for the refund. Understandable and hopefully it happens with no issues.

All in all, great service.
Unfortunately for us though, we were so looking forward to flying first class (International). Very disappointed.
I hope I'm lucky enough to try it one day.

ankasi Mar 20, 2020 9:29 am

Just another big Thank You. I just checked my Amex app and despite being told it would take 5-7 working days, my fare was refunded the day I cancelled.

Roryb Mar 20, 2020 9:36 am

Kudos to BA, they refunded all 5 tickets I had the US and never had to wait more than about 20 mins to get through. One cancelled ESTA was the only damage which is easily fixed. I can only imagine the .... show behinds the scenes.