FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Is SFO crewed by WW or MF? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2011817-sfo-crewed-ww-mf.html)

simon stingray Mar 7, 2020 8:42 am

Is SFO crewed by WW or MF?

Can anyone advice if SFO is crewed by WW or MF?

We're travelling on the 287 in F next month and have experienced very different service levels on our previous F flights.

A couple of years ago we experienced dismal service to JNB but then on our next F flight had outstanding service to JFK. I believe JNB is crewed by MF and JFK is crewed by WW.

I realise that we could get a great MF crew and sometimes a not so great WW crew but the WW crew just seemed so much more experienced, relaxed, confident and seemed to be enjoying what they were doing, chatting and joking with us whilst still very professional whilst the MF crew seemed stressed, irritable and gave the impression they really didn't want to be be there.

Thanks.

navylad Mar 7, 2020 8:47 am

Here is a thread with a list of MF routes https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...et-routes.html

Airprox Mar 7, 2020 8:47 am

Might I enquire what you are going to do about it if the answer is one or the other? Set yourself up for delight or disappointment which may turn out to be either with either crew?

mjh0 Mar 7, 2020 8:48 am

SFO is a WW route.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...et-routes.html

I've had rough service and great service from crew in both fleets.

Flexible preferences Mar 7, 2020 9:54 am

Tiny data point, so take it as it is, I only ever had one flight in F with MF and that had poor service (starting with 20 mins waiting before served PDB). Young inexperienced and lacklustre crew on that flight.

Tobias-UK Mar 7, 2020 10:27 am

I flew to YVR a couple of days ago and received stellar service up front from a young, efficient and incredibly professional MF crew.

fruitcage Mar 7, 2020 10:38 am

I really think the whole MF vs WW thing is overblown. I have had excellent and poorer experiences with both and definitely the most shambolic crew I experienced was WW. Just the luck of the draw.

Betteronacamel Mar 7, 2020 3:36 pm

My last F flight with MF crew in January on a daytime flight was very poor I'm afraid. Lacklustre and scruffy in appearance. The fact that none of the F 'niceties' were in operation - not shown to seat, never addressed by name, wine never shown/poured at seat, plus confusion over food orders and generally slowwww service ( I could go on......) made me suspect that I was in the hands of trainees. Got off feeling quite irritated. Never had that before (in F). Sadly, I think this will be the last time in BA F having flown them man and boy for 50+ years.

Grande Annee Mar 7, 2020 3:41 pm

Can one of you very knowledgable people tell me if wine should be poured at seat in F? Maybe CIHY ....can you confirm?

Tobias-UK Mar 7, 2020 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Grande Annee (Post 32154574)
Can one of you very knowledgable people tell me if wine should be poured at seat in F? Maybe CIHY ....can you confirm?

In First, with the exception of the first PDB champagne, it should always be poured from the bottle at the seat.

Scots_Al Mar 7, 2020 3:46 pm

In my extensive(!) experience of 8-10 flights in F, I would *generally* agree that the WW experience is more polished, but the single best service I’ve had was MF (and one guy in particular).

nancypants Mar 7, 2020 3:51 pm

Don’t have huge experience but did a JNB-LHR-JNB in F last year. Crew up were easily the best crew I’ve ever had on any airline. Crew back weren’t quite as good but still pretty good

MF has been around for a fair while now, I know there’s more turnover but I do wonder if the inexperience idea is something of a red herring

Sean Bhalach Mar 7, 2020 4:02 pm

The op wanted some information, and did get it eventually. I find it quite improper that they should be quizzed as to their reasons for asking. 🙄

Scots_Al Mar 7, 2020 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Sean Bhalach (Post 32154626)
The op wanted some information, and did get it eventually. I find it quite improper that they should be quizzed as to their reasons for asking. 🙄

The OP wanted some information and expressed an opinion as to why he/she thought the information was important. When you express an opinion on an Internet forum, especially when it is an opinion which may be divisive, you are likely to get comments - none of which have been abusive or nasty.

flygirl68 Mar 7, 2020 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Grande Annee (Post 32154574)

Hello! Yes, especially so you can taste test it first, and have a look at the label. If it’s turbulent at the time I may pick the glass up to hold it still though.