FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Why no middle name? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2005334-why-no-middle-name.html)

JAXBA Jun 14, 2021 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by alextheengineer (Post 31979188)
I work for a company large enough to have its own travel agency. For some reason when I was employed and got an account with them, my middle name didn’t get a capital letter. Other than that it’s perfectly correct.

I have had problems with this on AA on multiple occasions. I find this bizarre as a passport is all caps.

Sabre is also all capital letters too, as are all booking systems AFAIK. I wonder if your travel agent profile is doing some silly formatting in a web profile like FIRSTNAME%20MIDDLENAME and it somehow gets corrupted from there? Not sure how, your TA would be pulling your profile into their own GDS first, before anything got sent to Sabre for AA.

Originally Posted by ATWBY2020 (Post 33328981)
Any insight is much appreciated.

It's best to keep it simple: LASTNAME/FIRSTNAME is all BA and most airlines need for booking and frequent flyer membership. Any additional names can go in advance passenger information where passport number and DOB is entered.

The LASTNAME/FIRSTNAME version of the the name is still a match with all versions of ID that you mentioned.

I don't use my middle name on travel bookings or frequent flyer programmes either, despite it being on my passport, green card and drivers licence. It does go in the additional information.

LondonElite Jun 14, 2021 11:25 pm

Again, no one cares about middle names.

bfc2dabone Jun 15, 2021 2:25 am

When travelling with my son he has been stopped twice at the gate once at LGW and once at ACE, both times for having a boarding card that doesn't match his passport. He has a hyphenated surname that is quite long, each time the hyphen and the last letter of his surname were missing from the boarding card ( guessing the boarding card can only accommodate so many characters), was easy to explain at Gatwick, but ACE was a little harder due to my Spanish not being the best, he did manage to travel both times in the end though.
PS can't remember if these were BA flights, could have been a number of airlines.

BA6501 Jun 15, 2021 8:59 am

Surprised that came up at ACE - with the length of some Spanish names, it's not uncommon at all to have names cut off / missing...

ATWBY2020 Jun 15, 2021 4:41 pm

Hello
Thanks to BA6501 1Aturnleft JAXBA LondonElite
Yes , he is based at USA and most likely traveling thru any or the middle east carrier ( which has direct connection to his native place - AMD - in India )
BTW - still he is freaking out
Thanks Again

LondonElite Jun 16, 2021 12:45 am

Originally Posted by ATWBY2020 (Post 33331592)
Hello
Thanks to BA6501 1Aturnleft JAXBA LondonElite
Yes , he is based at USA and most likely traveling thru any or the middle east carrier ( which has direct connection to his native place - AMD - in India )
BTW - still he is freaking out
Thanks Again

Don't make a mountain out of a molehill. Just tell him to book tickets Firstname Lastname and never to think about it again.