FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   How many miles have you flown in 2019? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2001800-how-many-miles-have-you-flown-2019-a.html)

mario Dec 31, 2019 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Palmer (Post 31893505)
I think it is. This thread is just a pissing contest.

Palmer

I've started this type of thread on an annual basis many years ago, I believe the first one before you joined FT.

The spirit of it is to allow the community to better know the other members, but I'd be lying if there wasn't a hint of competition involved. In fact, I believe I used much cruder words in early posts such as"is yours bigger than mine".

I'm sorry that you don't enjoy this, but to suggest for the thread to be closed just because it doesn't suit your taste sounds a bit harsh. Perhaps it explains why so many fun posters have left in recent times.

OddJobMan Dec 31, 2019 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by allturnleft (Post 31892906)
Is it time to put the Greta Thunberg dampener on this thread! :-)

I'm not worried, I'm still coming last :D

LHRtraveller1996 Dec 31, 2019 1:56 pm

27 flights, all leisure
61871 miles

Highlight - taking my dad to NY for his 60th out First, back CWLCY
Worst Experience - miss connecting in MIA and then AA losing my suitcase for a week

Status, reward flights and premium travel would never have been possible without the wisdom of flyertalkers, particularly the BA board which is busting to the seams with knowledge and people willing to help.

LCY8737 Dec 31, 2019 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by mario (Post 31893805)
is yours bigger than mine

Hihi.... Those were the good old days of FT... :D

Palmer Dec 31, 2019 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by mario (Post 31893805)
I'm sorry that you don't enjoy this, but to suggest for the thread to be closed just because it doesn't suit your taste sounds a bit harsh.

I’m not suggesting that the thread is closed. All credit to you for posting but, for me, things have moved on since we joined flyertalk and this thread doesn’t rest easy with me - that’s all.

Have a safe and prosperous New Year.

HIDDY Dec 31, 2019 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Palmer (Post 31893933)
I’m not suggesting that the thread is closed. All credit to you for posting but, for me, things have moved on since we joined flyertalk and this thread doesn’t rest easy with me - that’s all.

Have a safe and prosperous New Year.

I'm interested in knowing why you think ''things have moved on''? I don't think the forum has changed much since I found it.

It's just a thread for those who obviously love flying or have an interest in the BAEC.

HighwayToHEL Dec 31, 2019 3:00 pm

From FlightRadar:

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e38e20f2dd.png

Geordie405 Dec 31, 2019 3:00 pm

For me it's been 86811 miles over 59 flights of which 53 were a combination of BA, AA and AS with the remainder a mix of Delta, Southwest, Frontier and (randomly) Brussels Airlines.

Railbob Dec 31, 2019 3:28 pm

The grand total of heehaw:( Have done absolutely no flights this year on BA and only a couple on any other airline. Next year a bit different as plenty of holidays set up.

hartwith Dec 31, 2019 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL (Post 31894054)

How often have you done LHR-JFK this year?! I also enjoy the solo Vegas trip.

TTmex Dec 31, 2019 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by wilsnunn (Post 31889262)
67,089 miles flown in total on a total of 47 flights.

New airports for 2019: ARN BOD CPH DPS EDI GVA HEL INV JFK LIN LIS MAD OPO SOF TGG TLS ZRH

By distance, 42.4% J, 19.9% W & 37.6% Y

By far the biggest year of travel for me (of my whole life) and my flights on 1st and 2nd Jan will secure BAEC Gold for me for the first time.

As a postgraduate student without any funding other than my PhD stipend, I am very lucky to have been able to do all of this and to spend so much time with my wife’s family in Singapore and Malaysia, this is all thanks to the tips and tricks as well as the incredible knowledge and kindness of those here on FlyerTalk.

Thank you to everybody who has either directly or indirectly helped me to be able to do this. I love to travel and without everybody here on FlyerTalk I would never have been able to travel anywhere as much as I have done or in as much comfort as I have been able to.

Amen on the PhD stipend. Impressive. I'm doing a doctorate too flying back and forth between Mex and the UK. However I'm part time and running my own business so not having to live of beans and rice luckily. Here's to a great 2020

Flying Yazata Dec 31, 2019 10:31 pm

I circumnavigated the Earth 3.91 times during 2019. ;)

97 343 miles and out of those flights BA was the carrier with most flights: 18/62. I must say that I did jolly well, considering 100 % was "leisure", eventhough at times it felt like work to rake those TPs. :p

johnaalex Jan 1, 2020 12:54 am

19 Flights covering 54590 miles spending about 108 hours in the air. All leisure, 11 flights in F, 4 in CE and 4 in ET.

bisonrav Jan 1, 2020 2:23 am

111 flights, 142k miles. Highlights Easter Island, Kathmandu and Barra.

nancypants Jan 1, 2020 2:24 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav (Post 31895315)
111 flights, 142k miles. Highlights Easter Island, Kathmandu and Barra.

🤣🤣
are you (almost) following me?!