FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Changing BAEC renewal date. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1998836-changing-baec-renewal-date.html)

Thighsofsteel Dec 8, 2019 1:59 am

Changing BAEC renewal date.

My renewal date is 8th May. My wife’s renewal is 8th Feb. I am Gold she is Silver. I have maintained gold as of last week.
it is possible for me to in effect finish my year early and change my renewal date to Feb? So that we are in sync?

UKtravelbear Dec 8, 2019 2:01 am

No it’s just not possible to change your year end date.

BertieBadger Dec 8, 2019 2:02 am

Changing an existing BAEC expiry date is not allowed. Its a definite No I'm afraid.....

fruitcage Dec 8, 2019 2:03 am

Afraid not. The only way would be to close one account and then open a new one at just the right time, but that would lose all Avios and TPs in the account.

Of course having staggered membership years does have some advantages.

vintagepilot Dec 8, 2019 2:22 am

It can be annoying. We travelled together on my way to gold and I got it but she didn't. Despite amassing the same number of points in less than 12 months, her's were split over 2 TP years.

Thighsofsteel Dec 8, 2019 2:25 am

Thanks. We will just have to deal with it.

David_Doyle Dec 8, 2019 2:45 am

Originally Posted by fruitcage (Post 31817589)
Afraid not. The only way would be to close one account and then open a new one at just the right time, but that would lose all Avios and TPs in the account.

Of course having staggered membership years does have some advantages.

Could pay to gift Avios across but yes TP’s gone. another option could be a household account to pool them together.

Opening a new account at same address is probably a no-no, but I guess another address could be used instead....

So I think there could be creative ways to align the dates but would be some administration and impact.

corporate-wage-slave Dec 8, 2019 3:02 am

Originally Posted by vintagepilot (Post 31817618)
It can be annoying. We travelled together on my way to gold and I got it but she didn't. Despite amassing the same number of points in less than 12 months, her's were split over 2 TP years.

If you always travel together, the best arrangement is to have your year end date 6 months apart. Lounges, baggage allowance, the First Wing, seat selection, fast track, premium check-in is all guest-able so by having a 6 month gap you can be more creative over time, for example if you need to take a break from travel for a while. Having the same date is actually the worst option.

vintagepilot Dec 8, 2019 3:09 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 31817678)
If you always travel together, the best arrangement is to have your year end date 6 months apart. Lounges, baggage allowance, the First Wing, seat selection, fast track, premium check-in is all guest-able so by having a 6 month gap you can be more creative over time, for example if you need to take a break from travel for a while. Having the same date is actually the worst option.

Yes, I know - it's all personal situations and timing. You're right, she generally only travels with me but it would have been nice for her to have been gold when she took her mum away. Some you win ... etc.

hsmall Dec 8, 2019 3:55 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 31817678)

The same, mutatis mutandis, is true of credit cards.